Hooper/Joey install done

beveritt

Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
Installer arrived at 12:30 PM my time and just left right after 3. It's all running fine and I'm very pleased so far with Dish and the new equipment.

Had a couple of minor issues.

First my original single ViP722 setup had only a single line run from the dish to the tap for the second TV. The installer initially thought we needed the second line run but decided to try it with just the one line from the sat to the solo node. The Hopper came up fine it seemed, and we went to setup the Joey. The Joey would not find a sat signal. The installer ran a second line then from the dish to the solo node, but the Joey still complained. He got in touch with another tech that was better versed in Hoppers and told him what had happened. The other tech said to do a check switch. Sure enough, the check switch showed only 2 tuners working and the third was offline. The check switch test saw all the connections were now in place and the Joey was happy.

Second, he had to call in to get them activated and the tech on the phone had some issues. It took about 15 minutes to get them activated.

Otherwise it was smooth sailing and I'm jazzed to have HDTV on both TVs now. As I said, very happy so far and can't wait to spend more time with it all tonight after I get some work done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)