Hooper Starting Up Everyday at the Same Time

jwill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 1, 2005
We have a Hooper with Sling, a wired Joey and a wireless Joey in our RV. (The reason we have a Hooper with Sling instead of a Hooper 3 is that the built in automatic dish only has two cables going to the RV.) Everyday at about the same time (3:30 EST), the Joey display 88888 and 99999 errors and says starting up. The display goes blank for about 2 second and then everything is good for another 24 hours. Today, I was at the Hooper at 3:30 and the Hooper displayed a message saying a new USB device had been installed (the Snap). The Hooper display went out for maybe 5 seconds.

Anybody have any ideas what's going on. The fact that it only happens once a day at the same time, and only causes an interruption of a couple of seconds makes the problem not serious, but I find it strange that it happens everyday at the same time.
Jim

We have a Hooper with Sling, a wired Joey and a wireless Joey in our RV. (The reason we have a Hooper with Sling instead of a Hooper 3 is that the built in automatic dish only has two cables going to the RV.) Everyday at about the same time (3:30 EST), the Joey display 88888 and 99999 errors and says starting up. The display goes blank for about 2 second and then everything is good for another 24 hours. Today, I was at the Hooper at 3:30 and the Hooper displayed a message saying a new USB device had been installed (the Snap). The Hooper display went out for maybe 5 seconds.
  1. 1st, since you say EST, are you on Eastern Arc? In that case, 2 cables to a dph42 will give you H3 capabilities.
  2. The normal time for a reboot of my J3's is shortly after 3AM. This takes much longer than 5 seconds, though. So perhaps you are seeing something else I have never experienced.

I have a hopper3 that restarts between 2 -3 on eastern time.m- f. No weekends. Dish sent me new hopper it was fine for a month now it is doing it too. Was told it could be power issue so I plugged into a separate outlet. No change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts