Hopes for DISH' new hd package.

mattyro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I was just thinking about Dish superstation package and thought-"wouldnt a HD Superstations package be nice?" 2 issues- can they do it and will they do it?? If they have the room and the inititive, they need to find 4 or 5 independents that are up and running in HD and just get it done!! Wouldnt it be great to see some distant local channel in its' HD beauty. I think it would work cuz there's no "netwotk idiots" inv olved whining about lost viewers. AAMOF, I think distant nets would be happy to see thier signal in other markets. Go CHAZ Go!!

One Problem:

Charlie is under the impression there is 'no compelling content' to broadcast in HD.

Soooo.... Don't hold yer breath.

goaliebob99 said:
bell view express has wgn hd... this is whats on there sight..

http://wgnsuperstation.trb.com/abou...95341.htmlstory?coll=wgncable-about-station-1

Q: When will Superstation WGN become available in HDTV?
A: At some point in the future but not in the near term. DIRECTV and DISH NETWORK have also expressed interest but DIRECTV is further along in the process of doing so.

another disapointment from e*

Note this is not a "superstation" as in the superstation package but the cable feed of WGN. DIRECTV does not carry the superstation WGN, but the cable feed of WGN which WGN calls a "superstation".