Hopper 2 U229 Feb 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cvoghostrider

Original poster
Feb 4, 2017
Colorado
One existing issue is that I still have not found a way to back out of Schedule once focus is on the list. 2nd issue is that last night Expanse S2 EP2 is new, but wasn't going to record, info said it wasn't a new episode, but it hadn't recorded Wed for the same reason so I finally had to select restore event so it would record. A supercross event in Oakland scheduled for Sun is no longer scheduled to record as of this update, but it is new. I noticed that the problem events do not show first aired dates in info. Wonder if all related. Also noticed that ABC World News weekend always has episode 250 Sat & 251 Sun. It does not always record sometimes must restore events.

Would like an option to get rid of tips at the bottom of the EPG so I can see 7 channel lines and an option to turn off program info on the right vertical of the EPG so I can see 3 hours of programming again.

One existing issue is that I still have not found a way to back out of Schedule once focus is on the list. 2nd issue is that last night Expanse S2 EP2 is new, but wasn't going to record, info said it wasn't a new episode, but it hadn't recorded Wed for the same reason so I finally had to select restore event so it would record. A supercross event in Oakland scheduled for Sun is no longer scheduled to record as of this update, but it is new. I noticed that the problem events do not show first aired dates in info. Wonder if all related. Also noticed that ABC World News weekend always has episode 250 Sat & 251 Sun. It does not always record sometimes must restore events.

Would like an option to get rid of tips at the bottom of the EPG so I can see 7 channel lines and an option to turn off program info on the right vertical of the EPG so I can see 3 hours of programming again.

I think they showed the first 2 episodes of The Expanse together last Wednesday because the recording is 1 hour and 40 minutes long. The separate episodes #1 and #2 are 1 hour each and were skipped.

I had the same problem with the ABC World News timer so I deleted it and created a new one which seems to be working correctly.

...Would like an option to get rid of tips at the bottom of the EPG so I can see 7 channel lines and an option to turn off program info on the right vertical of the EPG so I can see 3 hours of programming again.
On my HWS when I updated to the CUI my line channel count defaulted to 8. I am using the Modern theme. Would love to get back 3 hours too but we are not going to win that case anytime soon. Under Setting/Guide is where you can make changes that might help you out.

Large Text Off adds 2 additional lines (8) & an additional 30 mins to the EPG, but I don't find LT off readable. All I can say is before Carbon, I had 3 hours of EPG, it all fit, was all readable and had a larger currently watching PIP in the top left hand corner. Program summary was nicely positioned at the top center and could press info for more detail.

A friend has Comcast in Denver, Carbon sure looks similar. Maybe all service providers headed towards a Fed mandated accessibility standard.

For me I had the original day one timer set for NEW only for The Expanse on a HwS S542, now S544. It recorded the initial dual/back-to-back airing, twice, and then the two individual episodes. So I had four episodes. I have found over the years that the guide, that runs the times, is the worst. I have missed many accurately set programs because the guide was wrong or didn't list and airing as "new". Now the "new" things has gotten better, but not as good as it should be for a service like this. Thanks the video gods there is VOD and other cord-cutting ways to get these missed programs.

. . . A friend has Comcast in Denver, Carbon sure looks similar. Maybe all service providers headed towards a Fed mandated accessibility standard.

The look of the IU's has nothing to do with the Fed's. They could care less. And will care even less with the new FCC Chairman. It's a marketing and focus group revelation that we, the users, first don't want giant bright screen blaring in our faces and second more logical and easily usable UI's. The darker UI's are a part of UI evolution over the years that has become a bandwagon to jump on. Some jumped on sooner than others. It's a strong sales point and logical human interaction axiom. All UI design is migrating to aspects where it's what the users are saying they want and not what the engineers "think" is cool and we have to deal with it. I use to have to wrangle engineers when they were designing UI's. That's why there are now exclusive UI designer now.

Tribune Media supplies Dish with Guide content. Agree, time for Dish to find another Guide service provider. Also suffer from recording dups, same season and episode. Hate when that deletes episodes I haven't watched. Tribune is also bad dating news episodes such as Face the Nation, Meet the Press & Fox Chris Wallace as first aired 1947? For a good laugh, select info on MTP on MSNBC Sunday around noon. Our NBC affiliate does not carry it consistently anymore.

As far as UI, tests have proven time & time that what the user tells you they want for user experience differs from what their eye is searching for on the screen behind Google Glass. Agree, an engineers perspective is not helpful.

Last edited:
Amen Brother. I have been complaining about Tribune/Zap2It ever since they started data driven timers, well, everything that had to do with the guide. But I just went to look and Tribune is not plastered all over the place, nor is the TVGuide logo on the Guide anymore. None of it's anywhere. So at the moment we/I can only guess where the info is coming from. But I have noticed that eventhough things may not operate as they should, it's finally fouling in my favor.