Hopper 2000 all recordings and timers gone

darrengs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2012
NJ
I just went to watch a recording that was there yesterday and all of my recordings and timers are gone. Is this an indication that my hard drive is on the way out? I have lost a hard dive on my hopper with sling but I did not experience it like this.

Darren

Andrea, I tried unplugging as you suggested and now all I have is a black screen.

Darren

Tried it again after letting it sit for an hour, It just keeps rebooting and going back to a black screen. I think it is done.

Take the coax cable out, and then restar the receiver, see if it gets past the starting up screen. If it goes to the complete signal loss, it is likely a grounding issue. If it does get that far, unplug the entire coax, from wall and receiver, then plug both ends back to their ports, and then plug the receiver back into power. That may do it, if it is a purged electrical charge. That is more common than one would assume.

Take the coax cable out, and then restar the receiver, see if it gets past the starting up screen. If it goes to the complete signal loss, it is likely a grounding issue. If it does get that far, unplug the entire coax, from wall and receiver, then plug both ends back to their ports, and then plug the receiver back into power. That may do it, if it is a purged electrical charge. That is more common than one would assume.

Still no good, thanks.

Darren

JasonS from DiRT took care of me and a replacement is on the way. Thanks all for your help.

Darren

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)