Hopper 2000 upgraded to S446

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
No release notes when unit was powered on and the only change I've found so far is you can turn on Closed Captioning without going into the settings by pressing the orange color button. There might be some new apps, not sure.

I found that when your watching some shows it says press select to watch from beginning and you can now see the whole show information by pressing page down.

I found that when your watching some shows it says press select to watch from beginning and you can now see the whole show information by pressing page down.

The update for the Joey showed the release notes, lots of upgrades to the On Demand feature. There is a play icon in the guide listings for any show on Demand so if you come across a movie or program in the guide and you want to watch it from the beginning, you just select the play icon. Also if you are binge watching a TV show On Demand when you press stop you are given the opportunity to watch the next episode.

Edit: Apparently the play icon is just an icon, when you press OK on the program you are given the opportunity to record it, watch on demand, see program info. If it's already airing you have to press info on the remote to get the option to watch on demand.

The update for the Joey showed the release notes, lots of upgrades to the On Demand feature. There is a play icon in the guide listings for any show on Demand so if you come across a movie or program in the guide and you want to watch it from the beginning, you just select the play icon. Also if you are binge watching a TV show On Demand when you press stop you are given the opportunity to watch the next episode.

Edit: Apparently the play icon is just an icon, when you press OK on the program you are given the opportunity to record it, watch on demand, see program info. If it's already airing you have to press info on the remote to get the option to watch on demand.
Amazing updates, it works when you press the play icon on the remote.

Reactions: ohioankev
No release notes when unit was powered on and the only change I've found so far is you can turn on Closed Captioning without going into the settings by pressing the orange color button. There might be some new apps, not sure.
It's the green button on mine.

I also apparently got this update on the initial spooling. That's never happened before....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the update notification
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1414757591.204366.jpg

Reactions: ohioankev
It's the green button on mine.

I also apparently got this update on the initial spooling. That's never happened before....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep my bad apparently I'm a bit color blind. The only colors on the remote are red, green, yellow and blue. HA

our hopper did not want to restart after the firmware update. Seemed to be stuck in the starting up screen. Had to do two red button resets to finally get it load. Almost gave up thinking the update had killed my hopper, but it did finally come back with recordings intact.

Other hopper didn't get it as it was replaced recently so the new receiver number is farther down the update list.

Question for those with two hoppers or more...

When was the ability added to view timers from another hopper via the timer list. I just noticed this feature.

I like the new feature when pressing "stop" on a recorded show that it brings up additional episodes you've recorded. I tend the get behind on shows and catch up in one evening. This is very handy.

I also like the CC shortcut.

Check out the new OnDemand feature in the guide. Look for an icon that looks the play button on the remote. Press info on that program.

I like the new feature when pressing "stop" on a recorded show that it brings up additional episodes you've recorded. I tend the get behind on shows and catch up in one evening. This is very handy.
For some reason this feature doesn't work for me. It works for my son, but not for me. I think that my Hopper hates me...

Does your Hopper have S512 or S446?
S446. But I think I figured it out. All of my show are on the remote Hopper in the bedroom, which hasn't been upgraded, while his are local to the living room Hopper. I don't know if it will work when the bedroom Hopper is upgraded or if it only works locally.

BTW, having the two Hoppers on different releases is a bit of a pain. I keep trying to press the green button on the bedroom hopper to turn on closed captioning only to get an error.

Lol. I love this forum! I hd a great night out with the family, getting a beer, and I come back to this. Well rounded evening, I must say. I was a child when that movie came out, and to have it quoted, makes me feel so much better for some reason(might be overly enjoying it due to the beer).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)