Hopper 2000 upgraded to S446

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Still on v440 here. Has the rollout stopped for H2k?
Still on S440 here as well. They're still testing, IMO.... Clearly there were problems in S512/S446 as they've quickly pushed out S514/S448 to mostly the same group that rec'd the first push. They will test, monitor, etc and see how this new version does before pushing it to everyone. They won't simply say "we fixed everything - no need to test it on real users - push it to everyone !".

Reactions: lazydogmot
I realize from Hall's post above that as of the 15th he was still on S440. It is now the 22nd and I am also still there on one of my Hoppers. The other one got the update when it first came out. I use Closed Captioning every day on the Hopper that has not received an update and never use it on the one that did. I have been looking forward to this feature for a long time. I am almost to the point of switching the location of the two but keep getting up in the morning hoping the update has come in. I have never seen this much time pass for both my Hoppers to get the updates. One always lags but never this long. It is what it is and I know that no one here can tell me when to expect the update but I had to rant a little. Have a great day everyone!

I realize from Hall's post above that as of the 15th he was still on S440. It is now the 22nd and I am also still there on one of my Hoppers. The other one got the update when it first came out. I use Closed Captioning every day on the Hopper that has not received an update and never use it on the one that did. I have been looking forward to this feature for a long time. I am almost to the point of switching the location of the two but keep getting up in the morning hoping the update has come in. I have never seen this much time pass for both my Hoppers to get the updates. One always lags but never this long. It is what it is and I know that no one here can tell me when to expect the update but I had to rant a little. Have a great day everyone!

Not sure if this helps...but both my Hoppers skipped 46 and went straight to 48 on the 20th.

HTC One M8

I'm enjoying the new features on one hopper and am missing them on the second. I'm having no problems, so I hope they send it to the rest soon--not sooooooon. :D

S446 and then S448 were test releases. If you didn't receive it within days of others posting about receiving it, you likely were not going to get it until it's released officially.

In the Hopper w/Sling thread, where they've been discussing S512 and S514, one person was supposedly told by DIRT that S515 is on the way and is an official (i.e. non-test) release.

That said, original Hoppers should see something like S449 (??), S550 (??), or similar .... soon ;)

Bridging is not enabled. The last Joey reboot I did seemed to have cleared it up for now though. Got the "new features" messages on screen when it came back on.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Got S449 here this morning. Receiver CA ID R18 XXXX XXXX-XX. Working great (no linked Joey, it's on other Hopper).

Watching Orion launch. Excellent! bluegras, wish NASA was HD!

Edit: Joey on other Hopper working fine. Didn't do anything to bridging, left it on during update.

Last edited:
Turned on the Joey in bedroom this morning and was greeted with the screen listing some of the changes. Obviously didn't have the issue that a few people did with their Joeys updating.... I had disabled bridging a couple of days ago as a precaution too.

This may seem a dumb question but is there a way to get the Notification Screen of a new release back? I turned on the Hopper this am but I clobbered the notification screen for S449 before I could read it.

This may seem a dumb question but is there a way to get the Notification Screen of a new release back? I turned on the Hopper this am but I clobbered the notification screen for S449 before I could read it.
Here it is for the HWS S515. I would imagine it would be the same for S449.

Attachments

• Hopper Software Version S515 Info.jpg
    Hopper Software Version S515 Info.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 181
Got my S449 on the first H2K. Since the Joey is my wife's, I didn't want to risk her thinking I clobbered it, so I'm not touching it until she has an issue. So don't know if it has forced the new OS into the Joey yet. But I do know it's still working right now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts