Hopper 2K S431 Rollback- lost all Free HD for life channels

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
NEW ISSUE?
-
I got Two Hopper 2ks Both got the update S431
For some strange reason I lost all HD channels that come with the Free HD for life like CNN, TBS, AMC, FOX, ect.
HD for my premier channels all work fine,
We triple checked the switch and transponders for the missing channels. I have installed many dish systems, I know the dish and switch are good. I even tried an spare.
The Hopper view (channel 100) shows all the channels for 2 seconds, then the software loads and it puts black boxes over them saying not authorized.
-
Dish Tech on phone could not figure it out, we got to the software version, when I said S431 he right way stopped trouble shooting, could not go any further said he needs to open a tech problem ticket for engineering. Swapping Hardware would not help he said. Fix would come in an update, I did not need to do anything.
-
To me this sounds like a bug and they are rolling me back overnight or getting me the new S432 right away.
Only thing unique about me is I have Two Hoppers.
Anyone else run into this?

They hit it twice. No timers set, all tuners free. Then rebooted and left in standby for 30 mins in case guide needed to update. Guide is on all channels with no parental channel block. Nothing worked. Guess it was hopefully the engineers find something. I am sure they don't work weekends.

solved
known bug in software
had to send two hits also known as activations
one hit then reboot, then send 2nd hit has it was booting up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)