hopper 3 4k future joey

cfkillers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
pg county, maryland
so right now its still between layer3tv and Dish i pulling for dish because of dishanywhere app that would allow me to watch from laptop or iPad live dish tv and on demand and recorded shows. I have an excellent internet connection. my main problem is with local cable providers i can go to the store and say i need an extra box i have an outlet already. xfinity,fios would say ok extra $9.95 a month for box. Does dish have this option? I initially want 2 boxes but within a month two or three im going to upgrade bedroom tv to 4k and add a shelf for devices such as consoles and cable boxes. will dish accommodate me like local providers ?

so right now its still between layer3tv and Dish i pulling for dish because of dishanywhere app that would allow me to watch from laptop or iPad live dish tv and on demand and recorded shows. I have an excellent internet connection. my main problem is with local cable providers i can go to the store and say i need an extra box i have an outlet already. xfinity,fios would say ok extra $9.95 a month for box. Does dish have this option? I initially want 2 boxes but within a month two or three im going to upgrade bedroom tv to 4k and add a shelf for devices such as consoles and cable boxes. will dish accommodate me like local providers ?
Yes and an extra Joey is only $7.00 a month

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, you can even go with wireless Joeys if you don't want to run cables or if it's a TV you don't use frequently use Dish Anywhere to watch shows, that's what I do for my bedroom Tv. Initial cost will be a bit more with these options but cheaper than layer3tv in the long run.

Yes, you can even go with wireless Joeys if you don't want to run cables or if it's a TV you don't use frequently use Dish Anywhere to watch shows, that's what I do for my bedroom Tv. Initial cost will be a bit more with these options but cheaper than layer3tv in the long run.
But, of course, his new 4K set will want a 4K Joey, like his thread title says. You can't do that with wireless or Dish Anywhere....

But, of course, his new 4K set will want a 4K Joey, like his thread title says. You can't do that with wireless or Dish Anywhere....
Yep I missed that but not much content available for 4K yet, and it wouldn't surprise me if DA eventually supports 4k, especially if it becomes more prevalent on Dish. If you use a FireTV device that support 4K you can get plenty of 4K content that way. Just offering additional options that the OP may not be aware of.

Thanks for input. I'm going to find a local installer when I checked prices on Dish website they didn't even offer me the option for 4k joey or even hopper 3. When I called the rep just said "yeah we can do that" before I even finished saying what I wanted.
I also see that dish charges $5 a month for joey receivers if I was to buy my own joey from Amazon will dish still charge me $5 and say its an outlet fee like xfinity?

Thanks for input. I'm going to find a local installer when I checked prices on Dish website they didn't even offer me the option for 4k joey or even hopper 3. When I called the rep just said "yeah we can do that" before I even finished saying what I wanted.
I also see that dish charges $5 a month for joey receivers if I was to buy my own joey from Amazon will dish still charge me $5 and say its an outlet fee like xfinity?
Yeah, more or less

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)