Hopper 3 Activation

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Hi,

Quick question, if anyone knows for sure, if I buy a Hopper 3 for full price am I able to just call and activate it on my own, or do I need a dish technician to come out and do it? Got some conflicting answers on this from the CSR's at Dish.

Thanks,

J

Hi,

Quick question, if anyone knows for sure, if I buy a Hopper 3 for full price am I able to just call and activate it on my own, or do I need a dish technician to come out and do it? Got some conflicting answers on this from the CSR's at Dish.

Thanks,

J

Good morning, jdt! I am sorry to hear you are getting a roadblock on this topic and I would love to help you clear it up. If you already have a Dish account and just need to add a purchased Hopper 3, your home needs specific cabling and nodes to be compatible with the Hopper 3. This is why a tech visit is needed even when the equipment is purchased. If your home is already setup for a Hopper 3, then we can definitely just add on the the purchased receiver without a tech visit. -- Sam F

Reactions: charlesrshell
No, but I think I know what I need to buy and install, should be ok, maybe with some help from this forum :)

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts