Which new Hopper receivers replace 722k Duos?

bortery

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2011
US
I currently have the following setup (installed by Dish in 2011, so some time ago):
  • 1 VIP222K HD Duo - This allows the two TVs (let's call them TV1 and TV2) hooked up to it to watch two different shows at the same time.
  • 1 VIP722K HD DuoDVR with Sling - This allows me to record two different shows at the same time on the TV (TV3) hooked up to this one.
In essence, this allows us to watch 2 different channels live and also record 2 OTHER different channels all at the same time.

Unfortunately, the new DishAnywhere app now requires me to ugprade to Hopper, and I don't know which receivers to upgrade to in order to get the same functionality as above. To reiterate, the most important items are:
  • Two TVs (TV1 and TV2) hooked up to the same receiver can watch two different shows at once.
  • One TV (TV3) hooked up to a separate receiver from above allows recording two different shows at the same time. (And all recordings/live viewings can simultaneously be on different channels.)

Can someone help me figure out which new receivers to get?

Your best solution would be a Hopper 3 with 2 Joeys. Your bill would go up a total of about $8, in the transition.
Double check your DVR fee.

722 = $7 DVR fee
222 = $14 receiver fee
$21
—————————————
Hopper 3 = $15 DVR fee
2 Joeys($7 each) = $14
$29
—————————————-

Reactions: charlesrshell
Your best solution would be a Hopper 3 with 2 Joeys. Your bill would go up a total of about $8, in the transition.
Double check your DVR fee.

722 = $7 DVR fee
222 = $14 receiver fee
$21
—————————————
Hopper 3 = $15 DVR fee
2 Joeys($7 each) = $14
$29
—————————————-

Thanks for the quick reply, Chad! I have a few more follow-up questions if you have the time:

1. So I believe from my initial examples, the setup would be:

Hopper 3 with sling and DVR hooked up to TV3.

One Joey each for TV1 and TV2.

So Hopper 3 with DVR will let me record two things at once while TV1 and TV2 are watching separate channels?

2. Currently the DVR portion of my bill says:

Loyal Customer DVR (Reg $15) 7.00

I assume if I upgrade to Hopper 3 with DVR, do you think I likely wouldn't continue to get this discount?

3. Is there a monthly price difference between Hopper 3 vs. Hopper 1 or 2?

4. When I call Dish support, there is an automated message that says I'm eligible for a free upgrade to Hopper. Do you know if that only applies to Hopper and Hopper 2, or would it also apply to Hopper 3?

Thanks for your help!

Let’s not confuse the OP with our banter about all the possibilities and what some perceive as shortcomings. He had specific questions and they were answered...

I don't look at the CUI as a shortcoming. I made the transition from old to new and it took maybe two
days to make the adjustment. For some it seems to be a life changing experience and they aren't shy
about letting that be known. There are VIP users who sit here and knock the CUI as if it's a sport.

I suppose CUI talk is for another day and another thread. :hatsoff

Ya know what - it took precisely 1 day for everyone in this family to get over the change to CUI.

In fact - i’d say that only 1 of the 4 of us under this roof even cared enough to mention it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Thank you, everyone, for the answers to my questions! I had called Dish support before making this post, and they kept bouncing me around to different departments, and no one department was able to answer every question I had.

This forum is wonderful; thanks for the help!

Thank you, everyone, for the answers to my questions! I had called Dish support before making this post, and they kept bouncing me around to different departments, and no one department was able to answer every question I had.

This forum is wonderful; thanks for the help!

And, the best part is this forum has a higher accuracy record than most of the CSR's on the phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts