Hopper 3 and 4K Joey upgrade fee

bton96

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
San Jose, CA
I just chat with Dish customer support about upgrade equipment. I currently have Hopper 1 + 1 Supper Joey + 1 Joey 1. I want to upgrade to Hopper 3 + 2 4K Joey. They say I need to pay for $200 for equipment upgrade + $95 for installation + new 2 year contract. Does it sound right? I thought equipment upgrade is free since I have to sign new 2 year contract. By the way, if I want to buy 4K Joey directly from Dish, it costs $50 each.

Upgrades have changed. There is a fee for even the best customers now. Retention may have the power to do it free. Yes it sounds right.

I just chat with Dish customer support about upgrade equipment. I currently have Hopper 1 + 1 Supper Joey + 1 Joey 1. I want to upgrade to Hopper 3 + 2 4K Joey. They say I need to pay for $200 for equipment upgrade + $95 for installation + new 2 year contract. Does it sound right? I thought equipment upgrade is free since I have to sign new 2 year contract. By the way, if I want to buy 4K Joey directly from Dish, it costs $50 each.
That doesn't sound right to me. I upgraded about two months ago and all I paid was $55 for the service call plus a 2 year contract. What I have found out about the Dish csr people is that not all of them know what they are talking about. I had one tell me that I couldn't have a wireless Joey on my Hopper 3. He had to look it up before he believed me. Try talking to the DIRT team for help.

The plans changed today. Like stardust3 said there's a minimum $100 fee for a Hopper 3 upgrade. A local dealer might be able to do it a little cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: stardust3
I upgraded to the Hooper 3, have two wireless Joey's, no charge, haven't been in contract for years. Even got a better price for one year for Resigning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts