Hopper 3 and diplexer

brownover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
north carolina
Haven't seen a discussion on this subject lately. I know in previous discussions it was stated "no diplexer with hopper 3 because of moca disturbance. And according to what I read dish moca operates at 650 to 875 mhz.

With this in mind, none of the ota channels I want to receive operate above 600 mhz. And only one channel comes close to that. And I sure hate to run another cable thru walls and floors etc., so does anyone know if it will work if I diplex the ota and dish since none of my ota frequencies get close to 650 MHz? Thanks for your help.

Haven't seen a discussion on this subject lately. I know in previous discussions it was stated "no diplexer with hopper 3 because of moca disturbance. And according to what I read dish moca operates at 650 to 875 mhz.

With this in mind, none of the ota channels I want to receive operate above 600 mhz. And only one channel comes close to that. And I sure hate to run another cable thru walls and floors etc., so does anyone know if it will work if I diplex the ota and dish since none of my ota frequencies get close to 650 MHz? Thanks for your help.

Only one way to find out for sure.

These days it’s a good idea to run double rg6 cable to every room. Same goes for Ethernet cable. The general rule of thumb these days is 2 of each connection in every room.

2 is still not enough.

I ran 4 coax to every plate in my house. 2 cat5 wish I had run more.

New House Photos