Hopper 3 and Dish anywhere

B ewing

Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
Columbus oh
Right now we have 3 Hopper 2's with sling, all 3 can be watched remotely with different live shows.(kids away at school). How many shows can the Hooper 3 sling out at the same time live?

Thanks

Has anyone been able to successfully access Dish Anywhere? I'm trying from my home computer and I just shows "loading" continually. The correct receiver number is at the bottom but it appears offline. Any ideas? The H3 is definitely connected to the internet.

Try a different browser. Try deleting the history of you browser. Log out then try to login. Reset your hopper then check the internet connection. Usually these work to fix it. Mine works pretty good.

Has anyone been able to successfully access Dish Anywhere? I'm trying from my home computer and I just shows "loading" continually. The correct receiver number is at the bottom but it appears offline. Any ideas? The H3 is definitely connected to the internet.

I was able to access it using my iPhone yesterday. I even used it to set up a recording and that worked as well. Recorded the 30 for 30 last night.

I was able to access it using my iPhone yesterday. I even used it to set up a recording and that worked as well. Recorded the 30 for 30 last night.
hmmmm.... I havent had a chance to try it from outside yet but I was able to access my old equipment from my home computer - I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe I need to restart my wireless router.

Reset your modem and router too. Lots of electronics connected to eachother so if one fails then rest fails. Sometimes my computer works but my phone wifi won't. One reset to router fixes the problem.

going to try that right now
Well, I'm out of ideas - at least for the moment. This seems to be a computer problem as I just tried connecting with my IPad and it worked just fine. When I use any browser on my desktop computer, the correct receiver ID shows at the bottom of the screen along with "offline" and no "green light" as is normal. I've reset the Hopper, my router and modem, and my computer. I've cleared the browser caches. I'm stumped.

Here's a new one (for me, anyway) ... I tried connecting to DA for the first time (since H3) with my Samsung (android) tablet today. When the first screen appeared, I had a pop-up message asking me "Do you want to prepare all recordings for transfer?" (or words to that effect.) Maybe that's been around but I sure haven't noticed it. Also, a question - if someone is accessing the Hopper remotely, does that show up on the tuners screen? It seems like it used to but I'm not seeing it now. Thanks.

If somebody is streaming something remotely it should show up... The auto prepare was on the old hopper in one of the later updates, but I recommend turning it off as a lesson I just learned last night. First time I have ever hit 100% dvr space, and had t remembered that preparing for transfer creates a second copy, essentially taking twice the room.

If somebody is streaming something remotely it should show up... The auto prepare was on the old hopper in one of the later updates, but I recommend turning it off as a lesson I just learned last night. First time I have ever hit 100% dvr space, and had t remembered that preparing for transfer creates a second copy, essentially taking twice the room.
ahh.... OK - I knew about the 100% watched issue as well as space usage but I wasn't sure if enabling "prepare" had the same effect (as far as programs showing watched) from a tablet as it did from the Hopper itself. Thanks!

Works fine with my Galaxy S6 Android phone... even away from home.

I've noticed that as I have used a different Android tablet for the first time with the H3, that as DA loads, I get a pop-up asking if I "want to make all recordings available for transfer". I'm not sure if the tablet is handling preparation or if it's happening at the H3. I've seen this with 3 tablets - I don't remember seeing the message in the past. Last I checked, I had "prepare for transfer" disabled on the H3.

I've noticed that as I have used a different Android tablet for the first time with the H3, that as DA loads, I get a pop-up asking if I "want to make all recordings available for transfer". I'm not sure if the tablet is handling preparation or if it's happening at the H3. I've seen this with 3 tablets - I don't remember seeing the message in the past. Last I checked, I had "prepare for transfer" disabled on the H3.
After I disabled "Prepare For Mobile" on the H3, I now get the same message on my iPad/iPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)