Hopper 3 and "Low beam dish"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Did a little research, looks like Fayetteville is in the Ft Smith market area, which is WA only. Unfortunately for phantm777, it also appears that Fayetteville (up in the NW corner of the state--Walmart Country) is indeed on the edge of the Arkansas spotbeam

https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...19f069fcb4c8cf!8m2!3d36.0625795!4d-94.1574263

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist...&sub=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=CIEL2_SB37.jpg
Yep, thats more than likely the reason.

silly question on the map link that JosephB replied what are the 2 color rings green and yellow is 1 of them local HD programming and the other all other channels ???

silly question on the map link that JosephB replied what are the 2 color rings green and yellow is 1 of them local HD programming and the other all other channels ???

No, that is referring to the expected signal strength of the spotbeam (and only locals are delivered in spotbeams)

It's not exact, because that is from FCC filings and could be smaller if they turned down the strength of a given transponder, but is a good rough estimate of where signal is strong, weak, or non-existent.

The green oval is where signal should be strongest and the yellow is where you're on the "low beam" area. And again, that is for locals *only*. National channels are sent on CONUS transponders which cover the entire country effectively evenly

Reactions: Troch77
Ahhhhh great explanation Joseph many thx. I had another DIRT member contact me and wants some #'s from my hopper, i'm at the office now but will provide them later hopefully they help again TY

Ahhhhh great explanation Joseph many thx. I had another DIRT member contact me and wants some #'s from my hopper, i'm at the office now but will provide them later hopefully they help again TY
From the discussion, it most likely is being on the fringe of the spot beam, but double check with DIRT they have the correct setup info for you.

Some folks have gotten the low-beam response when Dish's system showed incorrectly they had a mixed arc, international or some other multi-dish setup. Once the system was updated with the correct info, things moved forward.

Reactions: JSheridan
Thx JM, i have to get some readings off my hopper tonight for a DIRT member that reached out to me... deff. from the map that was shared my location is right on the fringe area for locals.. i hope she can help and maybe get the H3 and a few joeys but i do like the look of that 4k joey but dont really need it..Thx again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)