Hopper 3 and new customers questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jollygrunt

Arsenal Fan
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 16, 2005
Republic of Texas
Earlier today I called Dish, and after talking with the sales guy, I signed up for the AT200 package with free install and a hopper 3, or so I thought.

Shortly afterwards, I received the order confirmation email, and I noticed that under "receivers to be installed" it stated "1 Rcvr Hopper with Sling". I called dish back to clarify what I was getting. The csr told me that it was a hopper 2. Talk about disappointed.

I was told by the all 3 csr's that if I paid $54, I could upgrade to a hopper 3.

The sales guy never mentioned specifically what hopper I was getting.

On all the mailers they sent me, I don't recall seeing anything other than the hopper 3 being promoted. Same thing with the website although I didn't dig too deep as I was mostly concerned about channels and pricing, and as I said I was under the assumption I was getting the newest dvr.

Do new customers not get a hopper 3 right out of the gate?

I'm considering canceling my order.

Most new customers will have to pay an upgrade fee to get the H3.

$54 really isn't that bad of a price so in my opinion you won't regret paying it to get a H3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I called back today to find out if the monthly price they quoted me would change if I upgraded to the H3. I was told it wouldn't. I was also told that the upgrade would cost $100.

I think if you have good credit score the Hopper3 will cost you between $0 and $150
If you have bad credit score will cost you few hundred if they let you have it at all...

I think if you have good credit score the Hopper3 will cost you between $0 and $150
If you have bad credit score will cost you few hundred if they let you have it at all...
I have heard the highest upgrade charge is $150, otherwise it would be purchased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)