Hopper 3 and new customers questions

jollygrunt

Arsenal Fan
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 16, 2005
Republic of Texas
Earlier today I called Dish, and after talking with the sales guy, I signed up for the AT200 package with free install and a hopper 3, or so I thought.

Shortly afterwards, I received the order confirmation email, and I noticed that under "receivers to be installed" it stated "1 Rcvr Hopper with Sling". I called dish back to clarify what I was getting. The csr told me that it was a hopper 2. Talk about disappointed.

I was told by the all 3 csr's that if I paid $54, I could upgrade to a hopper 3.

The sales guy never mentioned specifically what hopper I was getting.

On all the mailers they sent me, I don't recall seeing anything other than the hopper 3 being promoted. Same thing with the website although I didn't dig too deep as I was mostly concerned about channels and pricing, and as I said I was under the assumption I was getting the newest dvr.

Do new customers not get a hopper 3 right out of the gate?

I'm considering canceling my order.

Most new customers will have to pay an upgrade fee to get the H3.

$54 really isn't that bad of a price so in my opinion you won't regret paying it to get a H3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I called back today to find out if the monthly price they quoted me would change if I upgraded to the H3. I was told it wouldn't. I was also told that the upgrade would cost $100.

I think if you have good credit score the Hopper3 will cost you between $0 and $150
If you have bad credit score will cost you few hundred if they let you have it at all...

I think if you have good credit score the Hopper3 will cost you between $0 and $150
If you have bad credit score will cost you few hundred if they let you have it at all...
I have heard the highest upgrade charge is $150, otherwise it would be purchased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts