Hopper 3 and Solo Hub

Nevermind.

Perhaps this just isn't a forum for a technical discussion anymore.

You have some of the best brains in the business trying to help you out here. Guys like Bobby JSheridan and HipKat. That being said, if you're just dying to see if a node will work with a Hopper 3 and satisfy your curiosity, then why not just do it? Nobody's stopping you :)

But like the guys told you, neither a node nor a hub are needed if you don't have Joeys. I had an H3 and the line went straight from the dish to the receiver. No sweat.

Respectfully, think about "What if" before shaking your head.

The question asked is simply seeking to learn why a more complex active switch (including filtering) can't be used where a simple passive filter is now used?
This

I am unsure why you are trying to make this hard. You cannot use a node in a Hopper 3 hybrid environment, period. With hybrid systems, a Hopper 3 requirement, you either have a hub if you have Joeys or a straight coax from the dish to the Hopper if you don't. It's that simple. A node will not pass through the signals for a Hopper 3, it's not designed to pass 16 channels. You can buy a hub at solidsignal.com for $7 or at Amazon for $12.

I believe the OP is not asking just,
'Are nodes and hubs interchangable'.

I believe he is also wanting to understand how the node and hub differently affect/change the input signal from the lnb to the signal coming out of the node or hub.

Thus explaining the technical difference between the signal processing of the Legacy and Hybrid.

What is Legacy doing to the signal to allow 3 tuners?
and
What is Hybrid doing differently to the signal to allow 16 tuners?

How are the different non-compatible technologies electro-mechanically 'working' the same satelite signal?

As opposed to meerly stating which components are compatible to which system.

He's asking for electro-mechanical-radio engineering explaination.

just devil advocating here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

I believe the OP is not asking just,
'Are nodes and hubs interchangable'.

I believe he is also wanting to understand how the node and hub differently affect/change the input signal from the lnb to the signal coming out of the node or hub.

Thus explaining the technical difference between the signal processing of the Legacy and Hybrid.

What is Legacy doing to the signal to allow 3 tuners?
and
What is Hybrid doing differently to the signal to allow 16 tuners?

How are the different non-compatible technologies electro-mechanically 'working' the same satelite signal?

As opposed to meerly stating which components are compatible to which system.

He's asking for electro-mechanical-radio engineering explaination.

just devil advocating here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!
I understand that Kaptain. It's just that this is not Advanced Electronic Engineering School. I doubt that any of us have those kinds of answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts