Hopper 3 and Wally on the same Dish?

rip77

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2021
United States
Asking this question for a relative of mine looking to do this, if even possible. Currently, they have a Hopper 3 and Joey 3, with a EA Hybrid LNB. Of course, the second Hybrid port is disabled with the Hopper 3, so is there any sort of configuration in which you could run both a Hopper 3 and a Wally off the same Dish? I personally couldn't think of any ways on how to do this, but I know some of you guys have great ideas.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Yep, a DPH42 switch and a DPP LNB if you happen to have one laying around from upgrades. The DNS tech in my town has a literal box full of them and you can get the switch here: Dish Pro Hybrid 42 Switch (DPH42)
I manage to accumulate plenty of extras so I should be good there, so it would just take a 3 line drop from a DPP LNB to the 42 switch correct?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
Would this be the same with the hopper 2 ?
No, If you have a Hopper 2 the secondary port on the Hybrid LNB does not get disabled, you just need to run an extra line from the LNB to your 211k/z. DPP LNBF's also have 3 ports (two of which used for the H2) so you would have the third port for an extra 211 on those as well.

No, If you have a Hopper 2 the secondary port on the Hybrid LNB does not get disabled, you just need to run an extra line from the LNB to your 211k/z. DPP LNBF's also have 3 ports (two of which used for the H2) so you would have the third port for an extra 211 on those as well.
I made a error, I have a hopper with sling with a DPP LNB. I want to hook up a Wally instead of a Joey that way I could use the Wally at our hunting camp.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a hopper with sling with a DPP LNB. I want to hook up a Wally instead of a Joey that way I could use the Wally at our hunting camp.
The DPP LNB will also support both the HwS and Wally, since it has 3 output ports. You might be missing that 3rd coax coming down from that LNB, though.

I made a error, I have a hopper with sling with a DPP LNB. I want to hook up a Wally instead of a Joey that way I could use the Wally at our hunting camp.
Then if you do not want to do a completely new run from LNB to Wally, you will want to do a run from the third port on the LNB to the node, and there unplug the run going to the joey, and bridge those connections. Preferably with a ground block.

The DPP LNB will also support both the HwS and Wally, since it has 3 output ports. You might be missing that 3rd coax coming down from that LNB, though.
I do have a third line running from LNB that is capped off at the dish. So you’re saying hook it to a Ground block and then directly to the Wally and that I won’t need a DPH42 switch?

I do have a third line running from LNB that is capped off at the dish. So you’re saying hook it to a Ground block and then directly to the Wally and that I won’t need a DPH42 switch?
Correct, each line on a DPP LNB is an output, but the Hopper 2 requires 2 outputs through the node, which leaves you with the 3rd LNB output that can go "directly" to the Wally, but it is preferable to ground it with a ground block, if possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)