Hopper 3 antenna pointing

propjock

Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
TX
Hey folks, my first time posting. Can the Hopper 3 (4K) be aligned with the satellites using the receiver, or do I need to purchase a signal strength meter? And as a side note, from what I've read, the Hopper 3 requires a Hybrid Solo Node to be installed? Plan to use current wireless Joey's with Access Point plugged into Hopper.

Thanks for your help!

You have to pretty close to the ballpark in alignment to have the Hopper find the satellites and the satellites have to be found before you can "fine tune" the aiming. I didn't have any good luck until I got the Super Buddy 29 meter after going to the Hopper 3, but after that is was real easy.

Yes a Hopper 3 and an X2 just are not playmates. Either get a good ground tripod with meter or a Winegard Trav'ler.

BTW, you guys reminded me I haven't updated my meter in awhile.

If you need to update any of yours, here's the link (Which I'm sure exists elsewhere on here)

Hey folks, my first time posting. Can the Hopper 3 (4K) be aligned with the satellites using the receiver, or do I need to purchase a signal strength meter? And as a side note, from what I've read, the Hopper 3 requires a Hybrid Solo Node to be installed? Plan to use current wireless Joey's with Access Point plugged into Hopper.

Thanks for your help!
If you already have a Hopper system installed your dish is aimed, but you will need to change to a Hybred LNB to replace the DPP LNB. From what I understand the Joey 1 is not compatible with H3 you need Joey 2.

Reactions: HipKat
Hey folks, my first time posting. Can the Hopper 3 (4K) be aligned with the satellites using the receiver, or do I need to purchase a signal strength meter?
If you're only going to align a dish once, then have an installer do it. Otherwise, get a meter.

Reactions: HipKat
The storms have passed and the power is now returned but my 722dvr have given up the ghost. It just refuse to come on. so I bought a hopper 3 a solo node and joey 2. I suspect the switch may not work but will the LNBs still work? Can I hook the node direct to the LNBs? Thanks to any light anyone can shed. I have had none for a few months. ;-)

The storms have passed and the power is now returned but my 722dvr have given up the ghost. It just refuse to come on. so I bought a hopper 3 a solo node and joey 2. I suspect the switch may not work but will the LNBs still work? Can I hook the node direct to the LNBs? Thanks to any light anyone can shed. I have had none for a few months. ;-)
You need a solo hub, not node no matter which LNB you use. As for LNB, keep yours and add a 42 switch or replace it with a DPH LNB

You need a solo hub, not node no matter which LNB you use. As for LNB, keep yours and add a 42 switch or replace it with a DPH LNB

Thanks HipKat. So my solo node is money down the toilet hmm? I also have an old HD dual LNB. Can I do anything with it?
Ok did some checking and see that I must use some sort of "dph hibrid".

Attachments

• Photo Dec 23, 8 10 52 AM.jpg
    Photo Dec 23, 8 10 52 AM.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Photo Dec 23, 8 11 23 AM.jpg
    Photo Dec 23, 8 11 23 AM.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
I'm looking to buy a 1000.2 Hybrid Triple LNBF. This mean I would not have to buy a switch but will still need the hub correct?

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 309
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 219
I'm looking to buy a 1000.2 Hybrid Triple LNBF. This mean I would not have to buy a switch but will still need the hub correct?

That's a western arc LNB in your picture. It looks like you're in the Virgin Islands so I don't think you want to point at the Western Arc. You probably want to point at 61.5 and 72 so you will need an Eastern Arc Hybrid LNB and a single hub or a hybrid tap to connect the Joey.

That's a western arc LNB in your picture. It looks like you're in the Virgin Islands so I don't think you want to point at the Western Arc. You probably want to point at 61.5 and 72 so you will need an Eastern Arc Hybrid LNB and a single hub or a hybrid tap to connect the Joey.

Thanks! Yes I'm in the Virgin Islands. I am looking for information to setup a satlink ws-6933. I'm doing this for myself and can't afford one of those expensive units.

Thanks! Yes I'm in the Virgin Islands. I am looking for information to setup a satlink ws-6933. I'm doing this for myself and can't afford one of those expensive units.

Sorry, don't know about the satlink. Hopefully somebody else will chime in. Good Luck.

I have checked and I'm getting 110 and 119 echostar 14 west as the the sat to use. Which is what I used with my 722dvr. So why would I need an eastern arc lnb? The line is getting a bit blurry.
EchoStar 14 at 119.0°W - LyngSat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts