Hopper 3 can I order today question ?

I was told on a call with a CSR yesterday that they are aiming for a mid to late February release. Once released, they will be taking orders.

I was told on a call with a CSR yesterday that they are aiming for a mid to late February release. Once released, they will be taking orders.
Not according to Vivek. This month. Don't take anything a CSR tells you as gospel!

Reactions: ChadT41
Is there any difference between calling Dish to do an upgrade from let's say VIP receivers to an H3 or contacting a local retailer to do the upgrade? Always did my own upgrades so I have no idea how the system works :).
Gerry

A local retailer can usually get you the best deal and the best service.

A local retailer can usually get you the best deal and the best service.

Of course your going to say that- your a retailer ;). Just kidding as I follow the information that you provide to this forum closely!!
At any rate, as of Dish customer since 1998 currently under no contract and own all my equipment (2- 722Ks and a 211K (for RV)) what does "best deal" really mean? I understand the service part if they are indeed any good..
Thanks, Gerry

If you are an existing customer, wanting to upgrade, I thought you had to go through Dish, rather than a local retailer in order to get any discounted equipment and upgrade pricing?

Wouldn't the best way for us to order is from the DIRT team once Scott says it's okay to contact them?

Wouldn't the best way for us to order is from the DIRT team once Scott says it's okay to contact them?
For upgrades, yes, that would work fine. I did that nearly 4 years ago when I upgraded my 722 to a Hopper/Joey configuration. DIRT can't initiate new installs though.

Scott has already indicated that multiple times, but it ain't stopping people from asking in existing threads, creating new threads, and so on :(

If you are an existing customer, wanting to upgrade, I thought you had to go through Dish, rather than a local retailer in order to get any discounted equipment and upgrade pricing?

You can upgrade through a retailer and I recommend it because they are generally more informed than CSRs. The only problem is that you shouldn't expect to see any kind of discounts for the upgrade. They will normally charge the full amount that Dish says to charge. If you want the tech visit fee waved you'll have to take that up with Dish. That tech visit fee is necessary for the retailer to actually make some money on an upgrade. Upgrades do not pay very well.

You can upgrade through a retailer and I recommend it because they are generally more informed than CSRs. The only problem is that you shouldn't expect to see any kind of discounts for the upgrade. They will normally charge the full amount that Dish says to charge. If you want the tech visit fee waved you'll have to take that up with Dish. That tech visit fee is necessary for the retailer to actually make some money on an upgrade. Upgrades do not pay very well.
Yeah, I understand about the fee regarding the dealer. I didn't realize you could do one through a dealer. I'll have to see what kind of deal a Dish is giving. If I decide not to order though Dish, I'll just get me a H3 through a retailer, and install myself.

Yeah, I understand about the fee regarding the dealer. I didn't realize you could do one through a dealer. I'll have to see what kind of deal a Dish is giving. If I decide not to order though Dish, I'll just get me a H3 through a retailer, and install myself.

A retailer is suppose to be able to do anything that Dish can do. You may not see many retailers do upgrades though because of what I mentioned before, they don't pay very well.

We do a lot of upgrades all the time.The tech visit fee is usually low or waived depending on the customer and the upgrade. If they send us a referral we usually do a free upgrade in addition to making sure they get the refer a friend, etc., etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts