Hopper 3 - Corrupted Recordings - Error 04

It seems the problem I have is when I try to watch a program from the start from the DVR and the program is still recording. My wife and I tend to watch our programs 15 to 20 minutes late so we can skip commercials. When we select "start from beginning" it goes to live TV and stops the recording. Then when you try to start from beginning, it just goes to that spot of the program. Not sure if this help or not.

It seems the problem I have is when I try to watch a program from the start from the DVR and the program is still recording. My wife and I tend to watch our programs 15 to 20 minutes late so we can skip commercials. When we select "start from beginning" it goes to live TV and stops the recording. Then when you try to start from beginning, it just goes to that spot of the program. Not sure if this help or not.

In my case when I try this I get a black screen with the small upper right window playing something random and the H3 refuses to go to a live channel either directly or via the program grid.

Had it happen again last night with another recording. Still on 308. Is there a way to force the download of 309 if it is truly out? Or do we just have to wait for it to download?

No force.

I have not had one since I started a dummy recording every night the time slot before my real recordings start. I figured maybe since the first timer was hanging Id sacrifice it on nonsense. Funny thing is, none of the dummy recordings have failed either...

Ok, dont watch much politics, if thats the Donald you talking about. I sawe you are in Florida and theres a Kia dealer that loves to say "its HUGE" :)
I got your reference (UGH) :)
I was just keeping with the "make Dish great again" Donald joke/reference.

I have the same problem.

My wife is getting very upset. We had a Hopper with Sling and Super Joey that worked just fine. We had some scheduling conflicts around the 9 to 10 pm. So, when I saw the Hopper 3 with 16 tuners, I thought that will fix all of our scheduling issues. I understand this is new tech and jumping on board early there are bugs, but this is the basic function of a DVR is to record your programs. Is Dish offering any discounts to people calling and complaining? We do pay a DVR service fee right?

Yes if you got U309 PLEASE report your findings. My understanding is its a slow rollout testing if this issue is fixed. DISH has testing the software but with only a few hundred testers it's not 100% confirmed the issue is fixed yet.

Just remember old recordings with the 04 error will still not play. Just delete those.

Yes if you got U309 PLEASE report your findings. My understanding is its a slow rollout testing if this issue is fixed. DISH has testing the software but with only a few hundred testers it's not 100% confirmed the issue is fixed yet.

Just remember old recordings with the 04 error will still not play. Just delete those.

Ill keep an eye out if I have 309. I will also delete these dummy recordings I started using.

I also got 309 last night. We'll see if the CW show's record tonight

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)