Hopper 3 - Corrupted Recordings - Error 04

Yes if you got U309 PLEASE report your findings. My understanding is its a slow rollout testing if this issue is fixed. DISH has testing the software but with only a few hundred testers it's not 100% confirmed the issue is fixed yet.

Just remember old recordings with the 04 error will still not play. Just delete those.
Is 04 fix going to fix 0 and 1 minute recordings as well?

Well for the past 2 days my news show was 1 minute, today (after 209) timer fired off perfectly.

Not proof of a fix but a good start.

EDIT: 2 for 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Troch77
My H3 got U309 Thursday evening at 10:30. I got a recording that lasted 1 minute and then froze on Friday at 5:00pm. If that's a "zero and 1 minute recording", I got one after U309.

My H3 got U309 Thursday evening at 10:30. I got a recording that lasted 1 minute and then froze on Friday at 5:00pm. If that's a "zero and 1 minute recording", I got one after U309.
Please tell us you forgot to mention the horrible storm outside at that time.....

Also curious why you used the word "froze". You mean stopped recording (due to no video I assume is the underlying issue) or did the whole unit freeze?

Please tell us you forgot to mention the horrible storm outside at that time.....

Also curious why you used the word "froze". You mean stopped recording (due to no video I assume is the underlying issue) or did the whole unit freeze?

In this case, "froze" means recoding stopped, picture frozen at one minute in. I could still choose to save or delete. Local conditions outside, sunny and warm, almost 80 F. Inside, stormy and unsettled.;)

In this case, "froze" means recoding stopped, picture frozen at one minute in. I could still choose to save or delete. Local conditions outside, sunny and warm, almost 80 F. Inside, stormy and unsettled.;)
Well this is not good news. Be sure DIRT knows. :(

I'd be curious to see how many people reporting recording issues brought their Timer Events over from a previous Hopper through their remote and how many were created new. I'm new to the Hopper with our H3 so any events I've created have been made through the UI.

Ever since version 3.07, I have been getting lots of bad recordings, Error 04 and Error 05, corrupted files. Is anyone else getting these errors. Last night I had to delete almost half of my recordings.
My family had nothing but trouble with the Hopper 2 just shutting off. The same installer who installed the Hopper 2 recommended going with an upgrade to Hopper 3. It does not shut off, but there are times, that if we are trying to record on the Chiller Channel and we want to start over, we will get another show. Now, my daughter is scared that if one recording say it is at 800 will not record, then if it is on again at 1100, she will record that same show at 1100. I am not sure if that is the problem or if that problem is related to your problem. Just let me know or your reaction is.

My family had nothing but trouble with the Hopper 2 just shutting off. The same installer who installed the Hopper 2 recommended going with an upgrade to Hopper 3. It does not shut off, but there are times, that if we are trying to record on the Chiller Channel and we want to start over, we will get another show. Now, my daughter is scared that if one recording say it is at 800 will not record, then if it is on again at 1100, she will record that same show at 1100. I am not sure if that is the problem or if that problem is related to your problem. Just let me know or your reaction is.

They fixed this issue on Friday morning. It should be okay now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)