Hopper 3 - Corrupted Recordings - Error 04

We are not changing a remote in this house until they absolutely make us. I can just imagine that day and how many remotes we will go thru being thrown across the room. (I will be calling dish every day oops one got water spilled on it I need a new one) It will be horrible the day they stop supporting the 40.0 remote.

Nah. Talk to text on the iphone is easy and nice when driving, and talk on the Amazon Fire works well for search. The key is search, talking in "Fear TheWalking Dead" is a lot easier than clicking it in.

Back to the #4 Error code, I got one on a HwS. Same machine is recording programs in sections that are unwatchable. This machine had the CUI and was changed back by the S529 update. Our other HwS on S529 recorded the same program with out incident. And I haven't heard of any other issues on that machine

No error codes, but I've had several recordings that have started at the wrong time lately. For example, last Thursday my recording of "Big Bang Theory" was only four minutes long... the last four minutes of the show. Friday it totally missed "Bill Maher" on HBO, and tonight it started "60 Minutes" at about 7:20, just as the first segment was ending. Is anyone else experiencing these recording errors? I never had problems until this past week.

I also have to "restore" all the recordings I have set during Prime Time each week now.

I'm getting tired of all the errors and problems, and if things aren't fixed pretty soon, I'm going back to the the Hopper With Sling. I expect reliable service, and the Hopper 3 is NOT providing it.

Larry
San Francisco

...I also have to "restore" all the recordings I have set during Prime Time each week now.

I'm getting tired of all the errors and problems, and if things aren't fixed pretty soon, I'm going back to the the Hopper With Sling. I expect reliable service, and the Hopper 3 is NOT providing it.

Larry
San Francisco

Are you sure that you know how timers work during Prime Time if PTAT I on? Timers and "save" work differently. Regular timers will skip and defer to the PTAT recording when PTAT is on. If you need to modify a timer (adding extra time on CBS Sunday), you need to unskip a regular timer. It's always been that way on Hoppers. In my opinion, it's easier to just have PTAT on one day a week and use regular timers that you can edit for things like CBS's nonsense on Sunday night.

With my old Hopper I was able to schedule timers for shows during PTAT hours that I wanted to keep past the 8 days they're saved by PTAT, and my Hopper 3 worked that way until a recent update came in. Now these timers have to be "restored" every week.

With my old Hopper I was able to schedule timers for shows during PTAT hours that I wanted to keep past the 8 days they're saved by PTAT, and my Hopper 3 worked that way until a recent update came in. Now these timers have to be "restored" every week.
You can keep a PTAT recording infinitely by going to the recording, selecting it and then select save or save series.

You can keep a PTAT recording infinitely by going to the recording, selecting it and then select save or save series.
Thanks, but the old way was much simpler. You could set a timer once and forget about it. I think an old HWS is in my future! Too many things about the Hopper 3 are giving me headaches.

I keep PTAT on only one day a week and save for the minimum two days, only to keep Autohop active. Every morning, while having my coffee, I go to the last day of the guide (favorites) and do a quick scan of prime time to look for new shows that I might want to record. With 16 tuners experimenting with a new show causes no conflict problems (PTAT for that purpose only covers 4 channels). Other than not missing new shows, which I have solved, recording four channels with one tuner is active 24/7 anyway. Regular timers created from the guide cause zero problems and can be edited to deal with crazy time problems like CBS's Sunday night delay nonsense. The Hopper3 rocks!!