Hopper 3 diagnostics test..Help

fjava

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
NJ
Hello... I had my hopper 3 installed on February 13th still not getting any DVR images.. When I run a diagnostics test I'm getting an error "Port 2: low signal"
Can someone please explain this to me? Thank you
20160216_191354.jpg
20160216_190425.jpg

I don't think that is a real issue, since port 2 is not currently being used.
Mine will indicate the same error, but my Hopper 3 is operating as it should.
My Hopper 3 took 5 days to fully populate all of the images for the various movie/shows icons.

Reactions: fjava
I don't think that is a real issue, since port 2 is not currently being used.
Mine will indicate the same error, but my Hopper 3 is operating as it should.
My Hopper 3 took 5 days to fully populate all of the images for the various movie/shows icons.
Thank you for the quick reply...I will wait a week before I start to panic.

Try going into the "Report Status" screen and running the three phases of tests. You may get more information about your "Low Port 2" issue.

I have the 1000.2 EA Hybrid setup (61.5 & 72) as shown on your screen. My setup shows no issues. You may also try looking under the Dish page of the Diagnostic menu to see if there is anything out of sorts there.

You shouldn't be getting that error. To confirm I just ran the Status test here and it didn't indicate any errors at all. You should check the signal levels on 61.5, which is probably what is referred to as Port #2.

Reactions: D. Manley
Thanks for the help I will check it tomorrow. It's now prime time and the wife will not let me go anywhere near the TV.

I had my hopper 3 installed on February 13th still not getting any DVR images
I will wait a week before I start to panic.
Usually, by (3) days after install, these things should be sorted out, but it's not unusual or anything wrong if it hasn't. Give it at least (2) more days. Make sure your Joeys are set to go into standby. When the Hopper isn't being used, put it in standby by hitting the power button (on the remote). The screensaver will come on and then you can turn the TV off.

Try going into the "Report Status" screen and running the three phases of tests. You may get more information about your "Low Port 2" issue.

I have the 1000.2 EA Hybrid setup (61.5 & 72) as shown on your screen. My setup shows no issues. You may also try looking under the Dish page of the Diagnostic menu to see if there is anything out of sorts there.
I did the "Report Status" test and didn't get any information about my Low Port 2 issue....is this something I should call Dish about?

I just received a call from Dish Network saying that my nightly status that they are receiving shows that there is any error and they are sending a technician tonight. Now that's great customer service I didn't even have to call them about my problem they are they know about it. Thanks for your help guys

Reactions: Foxbat and Brodieb
You shouldn't be getting that error. To confirm I just ran the Status test here and it didn't indicate any errors at all. You should check the signal levels on 61.5, which is probably what is referred to as Port #2.

Could you explain why you believe (or know) that the error is indicative of a signal level problem on 61.5? Thanks.

Could you explain why you believe (or know) that the error is indicative of a signal level problem on 61.5? Thanks.

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure that Port 1 is 72 and Port 2 is 61.5 on the Hybrid switch test. That's what I 'heard' anyway. :)

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure that Port 1 is 72 and Port 2 is 61.5 on the Hybrid switch test. That's what I 'heard' anyway. :)
Interesting. I did have that error on my H3. The tech came out and did the following: replaced some cable ends, replaced the hybrid LNB, replaced the Hopper 3. The error still exists. All signal levels are very good, including the 61.5. Everything works, but that error does not clear. I have been his only H3 install so far, so he could not report on whether others were experiencing the same issue. He only replaced everything because his supervisor told him to do so for good measure.

Interesting. I did have that error on my H3. The tech came out and did the following: replaced some cable ends, replaced the hybrid LNB, replaced the Hopper 3. The error still exists. All signal levels are very good, including the 61.5. Everything works, but that error does not clear. I have been his only H3 install so far, so he could not report on whether others were experiencing the same issue. He only replaced everything because his supervisor told him to do so for good measure.

WOW, that's a drag. I've checked 'Status' on several H3's, including the 2 I have here on 2 separate dishes obviously, and all have come back with 'No Issues Found'.

Let's see what the OP finds out when the DISH tech comes out tonight.

WOW, that's a drag. I've checked 'Status' on several H3's, including the 2 I have here on 2 separate dishes obviously, and all have come back with 'No Issues Found'.

Let's see what the OP finds out when the DISH tech comes out tonight.
When Dish Network called me today they said that their info shows I'm having a signal problem... the tech just texted me saying"I am running a little behind but I am coming no matter what" I will update you guys when he leaves.

Reactions: D. Manley
When Dish Network called me today they said that their info shows I'm having a signal problem... the tech just texted me saying"I am running a little behind but I am coming no matter what" I will update you guys when he leaves.

Sounds good. Looking forward to the update. Good luck. :)

Sounds good. Looking forward to the update. Good luck. :)
Tech just left my house..He plugged his phone into the front of my Hopper 3 and said " all the signals look good" and he is going to have to show the information to his boss in the morning and come back..

Tech just left my house..He plugged his phone into the front of my Hopper 3 and said " all the signals look good" and he is going to have to show the information to his boss in the morning and come back..

That's about what bmetelsky said happened to him, except DISH didn't call him yet. ;)

Please keep us posted.

My DVR images are half what they should be, half network image (NBC). I have shut off all Joeys and the hopper overnight (no scheduled DVR events) and it's been 2 weeks (1 restart from menu in this period) and still missing half the images.

I've run the tests, all come back green

Any advice?

Saturday 1:00pm tech is here now...He just changed the Dish to a smaller one and ran new wire directly to the Hopper 3..still having low signal problem so now he's swapping out to new Hopper 3 receiver.. I will update later today...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts