Hopper 3 DVR fast-forwarding thru recorded shows? ...

speedmaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
NY
Had the Hopper 1 since it came out. Last week got the Hopper 3 professionally installed. New Dish, some new wiring, tuned/adjusted by the installer. Great picture.

But this is odd. Most things that I record, when I go to play them they seem to just quickly fast-forward right through to the end and I can't stop it no matter what buttons in press, including Pause. You can watch the scrub/location indicator run all the way to the right in maybe 10 seconds.

Any ideas? Not sure what to make of it.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

First thing, if it has been more than 3 days since your installation, pull the plug on the H3 for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. After it reboots try to record something. If you have the same symptoms you probably need a Hopper replacement.

Had the Hopper 1 since it came out. Last week got the Hopper 3 professionally installed. New Dish, some new wiring, tuned/adjusted by the installer. Great picture.

But this is odd. Most things that I record, when I go to play them they seem to just quickly fast-forward right through to the end and I can't stop it no matter what buttons in press, including Pause. You can watch the scrub/location indicator run all the way to the right in maybe 10 seconds.

Any ideas? Not sure what to make of it.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Try pairing a different remote and remove battery from the one you are using.

Definitely do the hard reset (unplug for 30 seconds or more). Once it resets, what software version/date does the Hopper 3 Indicate in the diagnostics menu?

Since you said this is not for every recording, I can relate to this. I've seen this in the past. Normally right after a software update where a recording or two (or three!) exhibit the same thing. Very frustrating. Sometimes they would "snap" back and be playable. Other times the recording was lost for good.

Does the recording ever come back where you can play it (may have to try a couple of times)?
Tried playing back from the start; and with or without Autohop (if applicable)?
If you have a connected Joey does it also not play when trying from there?
If you have the Dish app or use Dish Anywhere can you play the recording fine from there?

Looks like a 2nd reboot fixed it. Thanks!

And when it did happen, it was only for things I recorded. The PrimeTime stuff still worked fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)