Hopper 3 - Fan on, rest of Hopper dead

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JWHITE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Northern VA
Hi Guys,

Had a storm go through yesterday. Power knocked out. Hopper 3 on UPS. After power out for a few minutes, turned off UPS. Now when powering up, the cooling fan is on high and there is nothing else happening on the Hopper. No power light, no output. I tried: 1 - Unplugging again. 2 - Connecting directly to wall in case the UPS has a problem (A/V receiver, BR, and TV all fine still on UPS). 3 - Holding Reset Button 4- Holding Power Button

Any ideas other than dead and needing replacement?

Thanks!
Jay

• Sad
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Anecdotally, You can put the HDD from the old one into the new one and copy programming to an EHD, then replace the original drive and be on your way. This assumes the hard drive in the dead Hopper is OK.

Reactions: TheKrell
Hope anecdotal evidence is good! Hopper 3 is due tomorrow. I am in a rural area, so the only TV I can watch now is what is still on the DVR drive of an old HWS from 2015 that was in the closet :)

Jay

Anecdotally, You can put the HDD from the old one into the new one and copy programming to an EHD, then replace the original drive and be on your way. This assumes the hard drive in the dead Hopper is OK.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Be careful not to break any tamper strips that might be on either drive. IIRC I had to remove the drive cradle from my 722and place it atop the disconnected new drive for the SATA/power cable to connect. Personally haven't had to try this with my H3.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts