Hopper 3 folders clarification

gregleg

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I think this has been basically answered before in these forums, but I want a specific clear answer before I get in trouble with the spouse :)

Right now we have 2 Hoppers ("his" and "hers" basically). We're thinking about switching to the Hopper3 after we get our roof redone (Dish has to come out anyway to remount the dish)

The Wife (tm) is NOT going to want to see our recordings intermixed, so the natural solution is to use Folders. When I test organizing by folders on the existing Hopper, if I drop multiple episodes of a show under a folder and then view that folder, each individual episode is listed with a separate icon. That's not going to fly either.

However, I seem to recall reading that on the Hopper3, episodes moved into a folder will cluster under an icon, basically like a subfolder? Is that accurate? If someone could post a screenshot showing how that works that'd be even better.

Thanks!

If I understand your question correctly, yes, each show will only be listed once, with a count of how many shows in the corner of the icon. When you select a show with multiple episodes you will get a list of the episodes you have.

Reactions: gregleg
My wife and I both use the hopper 3. She gets Primetime Anytime for network shows and I make copy timers for any shows I watch for my folder. Besides I need copies to transfer to my I pad to watch them at work. Then we use a folder with her name for any shows that only she watches like HGTV, DIY etc and my folder uses any shows that only I watch. Any shows that come off cable channels that we both watch , I place in Tv show folder and we don't delete till both of us have watched them. We have been sharing now since we got rid of the second hopper ,when the fee went up and went with the super joey. Now it is just hopper 3 /4k joey/joey 2 for my kid in my house.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My wife and I both use the hopper 3. She gets Primetime Anytime for network shows and I make copy timers for any shows I watch for my folder. Besides I need copies to transfer to my I pad to watch them at work. Then we use a folder with her name for any shows that only she watches like HGTV, DIY etc and my folder uses any shows that only I watch. Any shows that come off cable channels that we both watch , I place in Tv show folder and we don't delete till both of us have watched them. We have been sharing now since we got rid of the second hopper ,when the fee went up and went with the super joey. Now it is just hopper 3 /4k joey/joey 2 for my kid in my house.
How is the speed of your 4k Joey compared to the Joey 2?

How is the speed of your 4k Joey compared to the Joey 2?
MY wife says that it isn't any slower than using the hopper 3 , but I don't really use it much since it is in the bedroom. She is the primary 4k user that watches tv in bed. I don't have time for that. She is telling me to call her "primadonna". Since her name is Donna anyway, it fits.:biggrin2

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts