Hopper 3 frozen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brownover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
north carolina
I had a brief power outage thursday am. Did not turn on hopper on until returning home at 530 pm. Had a red screen as always when it starts up with "starting up" on screen. Hopper would not restart. Rebooted at least 6 times, removed power 6 times. No luck. Still not working when i left home this am. Contacted dish for tech visit. They would not send anyone because i was not home to troubleshoot the unit, even though i had rebooted several times. Help anyone? Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what resolved it? Thanks

I had a brief power outage thursday am. Did not turn on hopper on until returning home at 530 pm. Had a red screen as always when it starts up with "starting up" on screen. Hopper would not restart. Rebooted at least 6 times, removed power 6 times. No luck. Still not working when i left home this am. Contacted dish for tech visit. They would not send anyone because i was not home to troubleshoot the unit, even though i had rebooted several times. Help anyone? Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what resolved it? Thanks

Hello, brownover. There are a two things that you can check to see if the surge caused any issues with the Hopper's hard drive, which could require a replacement. The first is to see if the Hopper is in Recovery Mode. The two indications of this is a 981 message code or if the green power light is blinking. However this recovery mode should not last more than 4 hours. The second is to try to plug the Hopper into a different power outlet or plugging it into the outlet directly if it is currently on a surge protector. If the Hopper is still not processing through the Starting Up process, we would recommend chatting in with us online at MyDISH. Our chat support team is available every day between 8am-midnight ET to help.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Never saw a code or green blinking light. Tried to do dish anywhere a few minutes ago and it told me it was not on. Will try your plugging suggestions when i get home. Thanks. Will the link take me to dish support?

Never saw a code or green blinking light. Tried to do dish anywhere a few minutes ago and it told me it was not on. Will try your plugging suggestions when i get home. Thanks. Will the link take me to dish support?
You're most welcome! The link will take you to the support page that will provide the different online platforms that you can use to chat in with us.

Is it possible to give it a hit from the satellite to wake it up? I guess not since it is not "on"
For an authorization hit to process through, the receiver would need to be able to power on and connect to the signal.

I have seen this on Hooper 3's more often than you'd think. It's not common but it's not unheard of. And there is no choice but to replace the Hopper

Reactions: charlesrshell
And just for everyones info, I did need a new receiver which I tried to tell the customer service person. But no, she would not authorize since I was not home and could not unplug
the unit for the 10th time. So if your unit will not restart with no code on screen, your hard drive is toast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)