Hopper 3 H312 Software 12/01/21

I was wondering if it was my remote or me. I noticed that on the new 312, my remote, at times, skips a button press. Example, if I'm watching a show and hit the DVR button, nothing, but hit it again and the recordings menu comes up. Same with the channel guide.

I'll wait until tomorrow and do a manual restart as I don't want to disturb my PTAT recordings. Maybe the remote needs a new firmware download as well.

I had to manually update this morning. Unfortunately, the "bug" I most want fixed was not. If I turn on my 1.5TB disk, it takes over and my 6TB disk disappears upon the next reboot. :( I guess the 7TB limit is real.

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell
Updated my H3 to H312 and started experiencing a couple bugs.
1) Watching Ch 106 (TVLand) and hitting Guide button brings up the guide, but it jumps to channel 9681.
2) Terrible lip sync problem on Ch 166 (CMT).

I've restarted and rebooted a couple times but both of these issues remain. They did not exist prior to the update.

Last edited:
1) Watching Ch 106 (TVLand) and hitting Guide button brings up the guide, but it jumps to channel 9861.

I've restarted and rebooted a couple times but both of these issues remain. They did not exist prior to the update.
I do not have either issue on both my Hopper 3s that has the H312 update.

Reactions: syphix
Thanks for the response, Charles. The lip sync issue seemed to have corrected itself (may have just been a coincidence it started after the update). However, the Guide display still jumps to 9681 when on Ch 106 and selecting Guide. Weird.
Did you try a pull the cord reset for your H3? How about trying a guide update in the Tools menu.

Reactions: SandFarmer
I hope they actually do get them fixed
Nope! lmao now I still get the error but gives me the option to reduce my resolution.

The channel up/down solution doesn't even work anymore so it's more broken than it used to be. Fantastic.

Bypassing my HDCP 2.2 compliant AVR fixes the problem, but it shouldn't be necessary to do that.

Last edited:
I'm watching 504-01 4k Thurs Night Football.
Joey 4k
Into 6x2 matrix hdmi switch
Into LG soundbar
Into Ben-Q 4k projector.
(Patio, backyard theater)
Son in playing xbox on other tv in game room on other output of 6x2.

TV activity shows
Watching and recording on Joey 4k.

Diagnostics shows
Software version J410 9/12/21

We've watched a couple nfl games on 504-01 over the last few weeks without hdcp issues.

1) Watching Ch 106 (TVLand) and hitting Guide button brings up the guide, but it jumps to channel 9681.

Temporary (hopefully) work around for guide lock is to press Guide, Options, 5 (all unsubscribed), Options, 4 (all subscribed), Back, Guide. Guide is now normal for a while.
I have had this problem off and on for several years both on my Hopper 3 and my Joey3 - not new.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts