Hopper 3 H312 Software 12/01/21

Temporary (hopefully) work around for guide lock is to press Options, 5 (all unsubscribed), Options, 4 (all subscribed), Back, Guide. Guide is now normal for a while.
I have had this problem off and on for several years both on my Hopper 3 and my Joey3 - not new.
Thanks for the suggestion, however, my Options menu does not have those options. I looked through the whole settings menu and could find an option for unsubscribed/subscribed toggle.

Thanks for the suggestion, however, my Options menu does not have those options. I looked through the whole settings menu and could find an option for unsubscribed/subscribed toggle.
OOPS! I skipped the first step which is to open the guide, does that help?

Reactions: TheKrell
Updated my H3 to H312 and started experiencing a couple bugs.
1) Watching Ch 106 (TVLand) and hitting Guide button brings up the guide, but it jumps to channel 9681.
2) Terrible lip sync problem on Ch 166 (CMT).

I've restarted and rebooted a couple times but both of these issues remain. They did not exist prior to the update.
I've had the lip sync issue on CMT for a long time, but I have HWS

OOPS! I skipped the first step which is to open the guide, does that help?
Doh! You may have omitted it, but I can't believe I didn't figure it out. I knew I had seen it that option before! :cool:
Unfortunately it did not resolve the guide jumping to ch 9681 when watching 106 and selecting guide button. Thanks again for the suggestion.

FLEABttn, do you have any other inputs in use on your 4K TV? I got the HDCP error and tried removing my eARC and Blu-Ray cables and it went away. I have my Hopper 3 connected directly instead of through my AVR. I replaced my eARC HDMI cable with a high-speed cable (the old cable was a MonoPrice cable I’ve had for at least a dozen years.).

There was also a 4” HDMI M-F flat extension that was needed due to the bend radius on the MonoPrice cable preventing it from not sticking out from behind the bezel. That could have been the problem as well.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I updated one of my H2's to H212 today, and haven't seen any problems so far. I haven't noticed any changes either, but I can't say that I've checked thoroughly yet.

FLEABttn, do you have any other inputs in use on your 4K TV? I got the HDCP error and tried removing my eARC and Blu-Ray cables and it went away. I have my Hopper 3 connected directly instead of through my AVR. I replaced my eARC HDMI cable with a high-speed cable (the old cable was a MonoPrice cable I’ve had for at least a dozen years.).

There was also a 4” HDMI M-F flat extension that was needed due to the bend radius on the MonoPrice cable preventing it from not sticking out from behind the bezel. That could have been the problem as well.
Yeah I have 4 4K inputs, I've tried different ones, different HDMI cords. I have multiple 4K devices, the Hopper is the only one that gives me HDCP errors.

I was suggesting removing all your HDMI cables except the one between your Hopper 3 and your TV, even the eARC to your AVR. Just for testing.

Which year, make, and model is your 4K TV? I’ve got a 2018 LG 55C8PUA which would always give me grief trying to tune in 540-01 events. The Hopper 3 has always been connected via a 6’ HDMI cable to HDMI 1 on the LG. I eventually bought a bunch of HDMI High Speed cables but I kept on seeing the HDCP errors with the LG. Today I finally unplugged everything except the Hopper 3 and I haven’t seen the HDCP message since.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was suggesting removing all your HDMI cables except the one between your Hopper 3 and your TV, even the eARC to your AVR. Just for testing.

Which year, make, and model is your 4K TV? I’ve got a 2018 LG 55C8PUA which would always give me grief trying to tune in 540-01 events. The Hopper 3 has always been connected via a 6’ HDMI cable to HDMI 1 on the LG. I eventually bought a bunch of HDMI High Speed cables but I kept on seeing the HDCP errors with the LG. Today I finally unplugged everything except the Hopper 3 and I haven’t seen the HDCP message since.

Oh, gotcha, I'll try that next time.

2017 LG OLED65C7P is my TV that this is hooked up to.

On an H3 updated to H312 I'm getting blackout errors when I try and access programming on 540-01. On the Thursday NFL game it forced me to go to NFLN (154) instead. On one of the NCAA games yesterday it said the programming was blacked out, not showing an alternative. Before H312 I was able to access it and get the expected HDCP error.

I was able to go to 540-04 successfully though.

Any ideas?

IMG_0066.jpg

Is this new to 312? Binging on Curb Your Enthusiasm from On Demand and it brought this up at the end instead of popping up the regular “delete, live, DVR” pop-up.