Hopper 3 H319 Software 5/20/22

Still no-go on downloading for Wally. It says W518 is the latest version. I left my Hopper 3 in standby for more than a half-hour after completing the download, and it still shows Joey versions ending in 18, under Available Joey Software. So, this would appear to be a Hopper 3-only release, most likely to deal with the Multi-View issues that were reported in the other thread.

So, I guess we are keeping both threads going? This thread can be for any issues specific to the 19 version, but if anyone sees any more issues with the 18 version, they can still be reported in the other thread:

Still no-go on downloading for Wally. It says W518 is the latest version. I left my Hopper 3 in standby for more than a half-hour after completing the download, and it still shows Joey versions ending in 18, under Available Joey Software. So, this would appear to be a Hopper 3-only release, most likely to deal with the Multi-View issues that were reported in the other thread.

So, I guess we are keeping both threads going? This thread can be for any issues specific to the 19 version, but if anyone sees any more issues with the 18 version, they can still be reported in the other thread:
My 4KJ & WJ software version also stayed the same after my Hopper 3 updated to H319.

Reactions: pattykay
Hmm, I thought there'd be more to this one

Major Drivers:

Remedy hard drive failures on Hopper 3

Hopper DuoH418
HopperH118
Hopper with SlingH219
Hopper 3H319
JoeyJ118
Joey 2/WirelessJ218
Super JoeyJ318
4K JoeyJ418
Joey 3J518
WallyW518

I was already on H318, but it didn't upgrade me to H319. So I asked for an update this morning.

First the screen shows "downloading information" for a minute or so. Then it reboots and starts downloading "vital program information", which takes much longer. One wonders what that first reboot is for? Is it downloading a bootloader or something like a small update program?

This sequence of events has been going on for years, so I guess it's Dish's tried and true method to update the H3. I might have guessed the H3 had enough memory to go straight to the main firmware download, rather than these extra steps.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Multi-View is working but The sound drops out. I have to either change the channel and then go back or change to a different square and back again. This has happened several times this morning. If it keeps up I'm guessing I'll have to check my HDMI cables that are fairly new.

DD fixed on the Netflix app? DD works fine Dish channels and amazon prime but not netflix atlest not threw optical anyway

I will answer this when h3 is done updating

Multi-View is working but The sound drops out. I have to either change the channel and then go back or change to a different square and back again.
I noticed that yesterday, but I assumed it was due to signal loss on one of the OTA channels I had in my Multi-View. I thought about reporting it here, since the audio dropped out on a different channel than the one where the signal was breaking up. Like you said, I was able to get audio back on the channel I was watching by changing back and forth to a different square a couple of times. I only lost audio that one time, though. After that, I went to the square with the OTA channel that was breaking up, and changed it to a different OTA channel with a stronger signal. Audio continued to play fine on all channels I checked the rest of the time I used Multi-View.

I noticed that yesterday, but I assumed it was due to signal loss on one of the OTA channels I had in my Multi-View. I thought about reporting it here, since the audio dropped out on a different channel than the one where the signal was breaking up. Like you said, I was able to get audio back on the channel I was watching by changing back and forth to a different square a couple of times. I only lost audio that one time, though. After that, I went to the square with the OTA channel that was breaking up, and changed it to a different OTA channel with a stronger signal. Audio continued to play fine on all channels I checked the rest of the time I used Multi-View.
Interesting. I'll play with it again over the next few days.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)