Hopper 3 H351

gpguitarman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
And another new version. 3rd one this month. It seems to be just another bumbling attempt at trying to fix something. Still have the same dvr issues, rw/ff need to hit 2x to start, intermittent screen blackouts when switching between tasks. Not as sluggish, but ff/rw at 15x or higher is extremely jumpy.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

And another new version. 3rd one this month. It seems to be just another bumbling attempt at trying to fix something. Still have the same dvr issues, rw/ff need to hit 2x to start, intermittent screen blackouts when switching between tasks. Not as sluggish, but ff/rw at 15x or higher is extremely jumpy.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
Both of my Hopper3 receivers automatically updated to H351 and my Joey3 updated to J551 last night. Skip ahead now correctly skips 30 sec on my Joey3 and Skip back now correctly skips back 10 sec. Also Skip ahead and Skip back now correctly work when viewing recorded content on my remote Hopper3 receiver. Also multiple skips no longer causes the remote Hopper3 to reboot. 15x fast forward seems to work fine on my receivers.
Good Job Dish. Thank you for the quick fix.

Both of my Hopper3 receivers automatically updated to H351 and my Joey3 updated to J551 last night. Skip ahead now correctly skips 30 sec on my Joey3 and Skip back now correctly skips back 10 sec. Also Skip ahead and Skip back now correctly work when viewing recorded content on my remote Hopper3 receiver. Also multiple skips no longer causes the remote Hopper3 to reboot. 15x fast forward seems to work fine on my receivers.
Good Job Dish. Thank you for the quick fix.
**Request**
Try Multi-View with one block a DVR Recording, try the FF/RW, Skip Ahead & Back, full screen and back to Multi-View. Usually one of those commands causes my H3 to reboot.
Mine is still on H343.

Reactions: charlesrshell
**Request**
Try Multi-View with one block a DVR Recording, try the FF/RW, Skip Ahead & Back, full screen and back to Multi-View. Usually one of those commands causes my H3 to reboot.
Mine is still on H343.
1) I used Options and Picture In Picture to select Multiview
2) I used DVR to select a recorded program for the top left panel
3) I used skip forward, skip back, and 15x on the records panel
4) I selected the top level panel so it became full screen
5) I used skip ahead, skip back, and 15x on the full screen
6) Repeated step 1 to recreate the multiview
7) Repeated step 2
Was unable to make my Hopper3 reboot.

I even repeated using a recorded program from my remote Hopper3 for the DVR panel.
When I selected full screen on the DVR program from the remote Hopper3 I received the following error message
“There was an issue streaming this content. Please try again later”

But no reboot and I can’t imagine anyone doing multiview with a DVR program from a remote Hopper3.

In fact there is not many customers that have 2 Hopper3 receivers.

7) Repeated step 2

I even repeated using a recorded program from my remote Hopper3 for the DVR panel.
When I selected full screen on the DVR program from the remote Hopper3 I received the following error message

But no reboot and I can’t imagine anyone doing multiview with a DVR program from a remote Hopper3.

One of the benefits of the new video player...multiview should behave much better than before!

Update, Sat. signal returned for about 10 minutes, then total signal loss again. This time I just left that screen on hoping it would reconnect shortly. About 3 minutes later, H3 rebooted again.

7) Repeated step 2

This is great news. (at least it is to me.) I really appreciate what you’ve done. Haven’t found much to get excited about concerning Dish TV, lately!
I may try to force feed the update if it doesn’t automatically download overnight.

Thanks again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Same story different day. Every time it loses signal, whether OTA or DISH, the H3 reboots. Getting tiresome.
When signal is out for a long enough time and left on the complete signal loss scree. the receiver reboots in attempt to regain signal. It shouldn't happen if only ota signal is lost and still have satellite. However if weather is bad enough to lose ota then you lost satellite way before that making it not really possible to only lose ota.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)