Hopper 3 H357

None of them are tested lol

That's just not true - we don't release software to production without testing it first...whatever your opinion of the software might be.

I was hardly used to 356 when 357 rolled in at 3:29 this morning. Is this a truly tested version?

This version has a lot of fixes for the specific problems you were experiencing with freezing/rebooting. Let me know if it is not improved.

That's just not true - we don't release software to production without testing it first...whatever your opinion of the software might be.

This version has a lot of fixes for the specific problems you were experiencing with freezing/rebooting. Let me know if it is not improved.

yah? did that fix amazon issue where it lose server connection after watching one show with joey 4k? ( hopper 3 is fine) or the live tv skipping on joey 4k? I already had ever piece of hardware replaced chasing fix for that on the joey 4k having livetv skipp which only happen on the joey 4k, hopper 3 is fine.

would like to have joey 4 see if that fixes the issue, but that requires me to have 2 hopper plus just to get the 2 joey 4, dish isnt gona give them, and dont know why i need hopper plus when there not required for joey 4 to work or have android function work. I do think replacing the h3 fix issue where dvr/live tv pause no longer cause system to go to black screen and get stuck resulting in live tv buffer being lost in cause of dvr just had to go to live tv and go back dvr to fix it. atlest as far as i can tell it is fixed.

Also was the rewinded 10 seconds just to have it jump back to live tv actual fixed? the supposed fixed few updates back didnt actual fix it just made so if does happen it happen after much longer period of time, so far my joey4k is j344 build and so far i had 2 time where I skip back 10 seconds and more then 30 minutes later it jump back to live tv.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tested trick play repeatedly with H357 on both of my Hopper3 receivers with no problems. H357 appears to be stable with no reboots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my first problem with the H357 software. Tried to play a program recorded on my Living Room Hopper3 on my Family Room Hopper3. When selecting the recorded program on my Living Room Hopper3 I just got a blank screen on my Family Room Hopper3. Hitting the info button I had the following selections: Record This, Record Series, and Showtimes.
Hitting the Play button it showed the timeline for the program.
I had to use the Guide button and select a different channel than the recorded channel to regain control of my Family Room Hopper3.
I rebooted my Family Room Hopper3 but that did not fix the problem.
I then rebooted my Living Room Hopper3 since I had the identical problem trying to watch a program on my Family Room Hopper3 on my Living Room Hopper3.
The crazy thing is that previously I had no problems watching a program recorded on a remote Hopper3. Now neither Hopper3 can watch a program recorded on the remote Hopper3.

Dish please release an update that fixes viewing a program recorded on a remote Hopper3 receiver. I record some programs on my Family Room Hopper3 and some programs on my Living Room Hopper3 receiver. When using my Treadmill I watch on my Living Room Hopper3 and when relaxing I watch on my Family Room Hopper3 receiver. With the new software I am unable to watch a program recorded on my remote Hopper3. This is a major step back.

Encountered another issue with software H357. I was recording “ The Abigail Mysteries “ on channel 165 from 9-11 PM.
I started watching the movie at 10 PM and used skip forward to skip through the commercials. Each time I did this the movie would pause and stutter for several times. At 11 PM when recording stopped the movie hung and would not resume. I had to use the guide to select a different channel. I was then able to select resume for the movie on the DVR menu.
This is another serious issue since I rarely watch programs live. I start watching after the program is being recorded so that I can skip through the commercials.
With these problems H357 is not ready for general use.