Hopper 3 H357

Did you get good results with Retention?

I thought I posted. I guess I mowed the back 40 instead. Damn!
DISH Renewal 2023:
Retention Rep was in a very noisy Call Center in Asia. Not Stateside. But it was like talking to a Rep in the Littleton Call Center. She barely had an accent thus easy to talk with. And quite knowledgeable about our area and never had to "consult with a Manager".

Here's what I ended up with for two H3's, Locals and the 120 package:
  • Was $158.49p/m
  • Now $97.49p/m for 1 year with Protection Plan at $8.xx + Tax & Fees = $108.49p/m
  • Optional: +$25p/m for 3 year Price Lock. ("No Thank You!)
  • One Time $40 Courtesy Discount
  • The "Over 55" Dinner package of Coupons for Swanson TV Dinners & One Free Movie a month. Use to get 2-3. Always forgot about them.
  • Next Bill: $68.49
I figure since this is close to where we were a couple of years ago, it was acceptable. She made a big deal of how long we've been subscribers. I kinda expected more. Should I?

Also I'm looking, at this point and time, of going to Sling with an AirTV Anywhere. But didn't see any info in the specs about ATSC 3. So this will give them a year to get there. But I'm really loving PLEX. I used it in the past when it was only a Network Streaming Agent. Now it's a full Streaming Platform. Sling is OK. But the AirTV/Sling combo will be perfect for us. So the really weird thing was I had no feelings about canceling. And I told the "Retention Rep", she called herself, we either come up with something acceptable or cancel. I got the feeling that she heard the "I don't give a Schmuck!" tone in my voice. I think the two Xanax I took prior to the call helped. But I actually don't.

The only real loss I would have felt would not being an active d¡sh sub here in the forums with all ya all, my kin.

For once in decades the notes from the previous Agent were still in the account! "Surprise!" Even after "The Big Hack".

I thought I posted. I guess I mowed the back 40 instead. Damn!
DISH Renewal 2023:
Retention Rep was in a very noisy Call Center in Asia. Not Stateside. But it was like talking to a Rep in the Littleton Call Center. She barely had an accent thus easy to talk with. And quite knowledgeable about our area and never had to "consult with a Manager".

Here's what I ended up with for two H3's, Locals and the 120 package:
  • Was $158.49p/m
  • Now $97.49p/m for 1 year with Protection Plan at $8.xx + Tax & Fees = $108.49p/m
  • Optional: +$25p/m for 3 year Price Lock. ("No Thank You!)
  • One Time $40 Courtesy Discount
  • The "Over 55" Dinner package of Coupons for Swanson TV Dinners & One Free Movie a month. Use to get 2-3. Always forgot about them.
  • Next Bill: $68.49
I figure since this is close to where we were a couple of years ago, it was acceptable. She made a big deal of how long we've been subscribers. I kinda expected more. Should I?

Also I'm looking, at this point and time, of going to Sling with an AirTV Anywhere. But didn't see any info in the specs about ATSC 3. So this will give them a year to get there. But I'm really loving PLEX. I used it in the past when it was only a Network Streaming Agent. Now it's a full Streaming Platform. Sling is OK. But the AirTV/Sling combo will be perfect for us. So the really weird thing was I had no feelings about canceling. And I told the "Retention Rep", she called herself, we either come up with something acceptable or cancel. I got the feeling that she heard the "I don't give a Schmuck!" tone in my voice. I think the two Xanax I took prior to the call helped. But I actually don't.

The only real loss I would have felt would not being an active d¡sh sub here in the forums with all ya all, my kin.

For once in decades the notes from the previous Agent were still in the account! "Surprise!" Even after "The Big Hack".
WOW, you hit the jackpot. You made out good. Thanks for sharing.

I meant it mostly as a joke but as a tech for almost 11 years it sometimes feels like nothing gets tested.

Yea I understand. I was feeling a little salty at the time of my post but its all good I know there are no bad intentions behind your posts.

Encountered another issue with software H357. I was recording “ The Abigail Mysteries “ on channel 165 from 9-11 PM.
I started watching the movie at 10 PM and used skip forward to skip through the commercials. Each time I did this the movie would pause and stutter for several times. At 11 PM when recording stopped the movie hung and would not resume. I had to use the guide to select a different channel. I was then able to select resume for the movie on the DVR menu.
This is another serious issue since I rarely watch programs live. I start watching after the program is being recorded so that I can skip through the commercials.
With these problems H357 is not ready for general use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has this happened on more than one recording? Sounds like there may be an issue with a specific type of inserted ad and skip forward - I'm also curious if the issues are limited to recordings on this specific channel. I'll see if we have any reports of this issue...can you DM me your receiver number please?

yah? did that fix amazon issue where it lose server connection after watching one show with joey 4k? ( hopper 3 is fine) or the live tv skipping on joey 4k? I already had ever piece of hardware replaced chasing fix for that on the joey 4k having livetv skipp which only happen on the joey 4k, hopper 3 is fine.

would like to have joey 4 see if that fixes the issue, but that requires me to have 2 hopper plus just to get the 2 joey 4, dish isnt gona give them, and dont know why i need hopper plus when there not required for joey 4 to work or have android function work. I do think replacing the h3 fix issue where dvr/live tv pause no longer cause system to go to black screen and get stuck resulting in live tv buffer being lost in cause of dvr just had to go to live tv and go back dvr to fix it. atlest as far as i can tell it is fixed.

Also was the rewinded 10 seconds just to have it jump back to live tv actual fixed? the supposed fixed few updates back didnt actual fix it just made so if does happen it happen after much longer period of time, so far my joey4k is j344 build and so far i had 2 time where I skip back 10 seconds and more then 30 minutes later it jump back to live tv.

Prime app crashing after a couple of episodes on clients is a known issue and currently sits in triage between DISH and Amazon engineering teams. No timeline on it being fixed as they're still investigating root causes and it seems to be a bigger issue than the last time they fixed it.

When you say live tv skipping is it freezing and then recovering "skipping" what happened while the screen was frozen? Can you send DM me your receiver ID? I can look into your install and see if there's an easy issue I can point out for resolution. When was the last time you experienced the rewind jumping to live tv bug? Are you leaving it paused before it skips back to live tv or is it unprompted (no button presses) and it just jumps back on its own?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish please release an update that fixes viewing a program recorded on a remote Hopper3 receiver. I record some programs on my Family Room Hopper3 and some programs on my Living Room Hopper3 receiver. When using my Treadmill I watch on my Living Room Hopper3 and when relaxing I watch on my Family Room Hopper3 receiver. With the new software I am unable to watch a program recorded on my remote Hopper3. This is a major step back.

This morning I am able to access recorded programs on both of my remote Hopper3 receivers. One difference is that PTAT was active last night on both Hopper3 receivers when neither Hopper3 receiver could access recordings on my remote Hopper3 receiver. I will test that tonight during PTAT.
I sent this information to Josh.

This morning I am able to access recorded programs on both of my remote Hopper3 receivers. One difference is that PTAT was active last night on both Hopper3 receivers when neither Hopper3 receiver could access recordings on my remote Hopper3 receiver. I will test that tonight during PTAT.

I think the key here is to disable PTAT on one of those Hoppers. It is redundant to record all of those shows on each Hopper so there is no need for it.

I successfully tested the ability to access recorded programs on both of my remote Hopper3 receivers with PTAT active on both receivers. Everything worked perfectly. I then started a recording of channel 165 to duplicate the conditions from last night. Again everything worked correctly. I was able to access recordings on the remote Hopper3 and trick play worked correctly.

I am totally confused as to why remote access would not work on either receiver last night. Dish can not solve a problem that can not be duplicated.

I successfully tested the ability to access recorded programs on both of my remote Hopper3 receivers with PTAT active on both receivers. Everything worked perfectly. I then started a recording of channel 165 to duplicate the conditions from last night. Again everything worked correctly. I was able to access recordings on the remote Hopper3 and trick play worked correctly.

I am totally confused as to why remote access would not work on either receiver last night. Dish can not solve a problem that can not be duplicated.

Perhaps like other things Hopper, it takes it a while to digest what it is fed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It has started happening on my H3...not often and eventually recoverable. Just aggravating.
Is it a delay when you press the button, or like the whole receiver freezes? Can you DM me your receiver number and I will send it to the engineering team to investigate. Thanks

after a day of this update the problem is still with the skip back. If I'm watching something and decide to skip back 10 seconds it will pause for a second and then start playing back a second or 2 later, this happens on the first try after that it will skip back..very annoying.
Next Update please!

If you press skip back multiple times does it freeze for longer or is it always the 1-2 seconds? Does the screen drop video or do you see a frozen image? Thanks for the detail - you can also send me your receiver number and I'll forward it along to engineering to investigate if you'd like.

- Thanks for the reports guys this is very helpful.