Hopper 3 H357

I thought I posted. I guess I mowed the back 40 instead. Damn!
DISH Renewal 2023:
Retention Rep was in a very noisy Call Center in Asia. Not Stateside. But it was like talking to a Rep in the Littleton Call Center. She barely had an accent thus easy to talk with. And quite knowledgeable about our area and never had to "consult with a Manager".

Here's what I ended up with for two H3's, Locals and the 120 package:
  • Was $158.49p/m
  • Now $97.49p/m for 1 year with Protection Plan at $8.xx + Tax & Fees = $108.49p/m
  • Optional: +$25p/m for 3 year Price Lock. ("No Thank You!)
  • One Time $40 Courtesy Discount
  • The "Over 55" Dinner package of Coupons for Swanson TV Dinners & One Free Movie a month. Use to get 2-3. Always forgot about them.
  • Next Bill: $68.49
I figure since this is close to where we were a couple of years ago, it was acceptable. She made a big deal of how long we've been subscribers. I kinda expected more. Should I?

Also I'm looking, at this point and time, of going to Sling with an AirTV Anywhere. But didn't see any info in the specs about ATSC 3. So this will give them a year to get there. But I'm really loving PLEX. I used it in the past when it was only a Network Streaming Agent. Now it's a full Streaming Platform. Sling is OK. But the AirTV/Sling combo will be perfect for us. So the really weird thing was I had no feelings about canceling. And I told the "Retention Rep", she called herself, we either come up with something acceptable or cancel. I got the feeling that she heard the "I don't give a Schmuck!" tone in my voice. I think the two Xanax I took prior to the call helped. But I actually don't.

The only real loss I would have felt would not being an active d¡sh sub here in the forums with all ya all, my kin.

For once in decades the notes from the previous Agent were still in the account! "Surprise!" Even after "The Big Hack".
Which number did you call?888-283-2309 or the old 1206 number?

Reactions: charlesrshell
skipping back multiple times and it will back up, but to a unknown time, not 10 second increments???
and you will see a frozen image but will start again at the time after the frozen time...does that make sense?
it continues to play while it is frozen..1 second or so

Prime app crashing after a couple of episodes on clients is a known issue and currently sits in triage between DISH and Amazon engineering teams. No timeline on it being fixed as they're still investigating root causes and it seems to be a bigger issue than the last time they fixed it.

When you say live tv skipping is it freezing and then recovering "skipping" what happened while the screen was frozen? Can you send DM me your receiver ID? I can look into your install and see if there's an easy issue I can point out for resolution. When was the last time you experienced the rewind jumping to live tv bug? Are you leaving it paused before it skips back to live tv or is it unprompted (no button presses) and it just jumps back on its own?

Ok so Amazon app issue is known atlest i know that.

when I say live tv is "skipping" on joey 4k I mean it like it skipping some one would be talking and next second i know i missed what they said it instead of playing correctly it skipped /jumped this the video and sound doing this, if i rewind that it play back that same section plays just fine, so it getting record to h3 correctly, but in live tv sent to joey4k it some time just does this which has been issue since day one so going on 4 years.

As for jump back to live tv from rewind I dont use it often last time i had it happen was weeks back on MGM D+ was watching poltergist II rewinded 10 seconds to see something i missed. and just left it there, 30 + later it jumped back to live tv, that happen on J444 software

I thought I posted. I guess I mowed the back 40 instead. Damn!
DISH Renewal 2023:
Retention Rep was in a very noisy Call Center in Asia. Not Stateside. But it was like talking to a Rep in the Littleton Call Center. She barely had an accent thus easy to talk with. And quite knowledgeable about our area and never had to "consult with a Manager".

Here's what I ended up with for two H3's, Locals and the 120 package:
  • Was $158.49p/m
  • Now $97.49p/m for 1 year with Protection Plan at $8.xx + Tax & Fees = $108.49p/m
  • Optional: +$25p/m for 3 year Price Lock. ("No Thank You!)
  • One Time $40 Courtesy Discount
  • The "Over 55" Dinner package of Coupons for Swanson TV Dinners & One Free Movie a month. Use to get 2-3. Always forgot about them.
  • Next Bill: $68.49
I figure since this is close to where we were a couple of years ago, it was acceptable. She made a big deal of how long we've been subscribers. I kinda expected more. Should I?

Also I'm looking, at this point and time, of going to Sling with an AirTV Anywhere. But didn't see any info in the specs about ATSC 3. So this will give them a year to get there. But I'm really loving PLEX. I used it in the past when it was only a Network Streaming Agent. Now it's a full Streaming Platform. Sling is OK. But the AirTV/Sling combo will be perfect for us. So the really weird thing was I had no feelings about canceling. And I told the "Retention Rep", she called herself, we either come up with something acceptable or cancel. I got the feeling that she heard the "I don't give a Schmuck!" tone in my voice. I think the two Xanax I took prior to the call helped. But I actually don't.

The only real loss I would have felt would not being an active d¡sh sub here in the forums with all ya all, my kin.

For once in decades the notes from the previous Agent were still in the account! "Surprise!" Even after "The Big Hack".
Nice. I'm 57 and have the same package and only 1 hopper 3 and my 2023 renewal was $116.00 per month and I was paying about a $100.00 before. Thanks dish. And I spoke with an American at corporate. Ouch.