Hopper 3 has no sound on Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
I have a surround receiver connected to the TV. I get surround on every channel except Amazon Prime. I get no sound at all on Prime. Even Netflix works without a problem. In the beginning, I figured that it was a bug that Dish would work out. It's been many months and it still doesn't work.

Can anyone suggest anything I can do to get the sound to work?

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I have a surround receiver connected to the TV. I get surround on every channel except Amazon Prime. I get no sound at all on Prime. Even Netflix works without a problem. In the beginning, I figured that it was a bug that Dish would work out. It's been many months and it still doesn't work.

Can anyone suggest anything I can do to get the sound to work?
Won't hurt to perform a pull the cord reset. You never know.

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
Thanks for the resposne. If you're suggesting a power reset, I've done that countless times. It has never worked.

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell

bspei

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 16, 2005
Aurora. CO
I couldn’t get sound either. On my Samsung I get sound from prime on the tv speakers but no sound from optical. Netflix works ok on optical.

Hopper 3

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
While Dolby Digital has to be on, the receiver will decode it into multi-channel surround sound in (that's at least what my Denon AVR says). The sound, though, is amazing as there are actually 9.1 channels if you also have the Dolby Atmos up firing speakers. Only leaves 2 Amps available in the AVR for the 2nd room stereo outs!

For my back channels I just have back right wide and left wide. If I added back surround it would max out the entire AVR!

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
Dolby Digital was on. I have a streaming hearing aid transmitter tapped into the optical (toslink) connection from the TV to the receiver and it has no sound either. When I switch to internal TV speakers, I still have no sound. The TV is an LG model 55LH5750-UB. The only other sound setting it has is to select output as 'Auto' or 'PCM'. Changing from to PCM doesn't get sound.

I am assuming it's the TV that doesn't like whatever the Prime sound output is. I find it ironic that my PC has no problem outputting the sound as stereo.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
With LG sets I have found after making a change to the PCM/Auto selection you have to unplug the TV, wait a bit and plug back in for some apps. That's for apps on the TV itself but worth a try. You mentioned you have tried unplugging but have you for the just the Hopper or for the TV also?

In addition on the Hopper toggle the switch for Doby Digital. Also does the Hopper Amazon app itself have a setting for sound?
All other apps working probably does mean the Amazon one is looking for something it isn't getting but try these suggestions.

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
I figured out the problem. I have a 4x4 HDMI matrix switch that I use for all the TVs and sources in my RV. I never paid much attention to the EDID settings. I changed them to 5.1 sound and it started working.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I figured out the problem. I have a 4x4 HDMI matrix switch that I use for all the TVs and sources in my RV. I never paid much attention to the EDID settings. I changed them to 5.1 sound and it started working.

Thanks everyone for your help.

That was my next suggestion. (Sure it was)

Reactions: TheKrell

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts