Hopper 3 has no sound on Amazon Prime

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
I have a surround receiver connected to the TV. I get surround on every channel except Amazon Prime. I get no sound at all on Prime. Even Netflix works without a problem. In the beginning, I figured that it was a bug that Dish would work out. It's been many months and it still doesn't work.

Can anyone suggest anything I can do to get the sound to work?

I have a surround receiver connected to the TV. I get surround on every channel except Amazon Prime. I get no sound at all on Prime. Even Netflix works without a problem. In the beginning, I figured that it was a bug that Dish would work out. It's been many months and it still doesn't work.

Can anyone suggest anything I can do to get the sound to work?
Won't hurt to perform a pull the cord reset. You never know.

Thanks for the resposne. If you're suggesting a power reset, I've done that countless times. It has never worked.

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell
I couldn’t get sound either. On my Samsung I get sound from prime on the tv speakers but no sound from optical. Netflix works ok on optical.

Hopper 3

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

While Dolby Digital has to be on, the receiver will decode it into multi-channel surround sound in (that's at least what my Denon AVR says). The sound, though, is amazing as there are actually 9.1 channels if you also have the Dolby Atmos up firing speakers. Only leaves 2 Amps available in the AVR for the 2nd room stereo outs!

For my back channels I just have back right wide and left wide. If I added back surround it would max out the entire AVR!

Dolby Digital was on. I have a streaming hearing aid transmitter tapped into the optical (toslink) connection from the TV to the receiver and it has no sound either. When I switch to internal TV speakers, I still have no sound. The TV is an LG model 55LH5750-UB. The only other sound setting it has is to select output as 'Auto' or 'PCM'. Changing from to PCM doesn't get sound.

I am assuming it's the TV that doesn't like whatever the Prime sound output is. I find it ironic that my PC has no problem outputting the sound as stereo.

With LG sets I have found after making a change to the PCM/Auto selection you have to unplug the TV, wait a bit and plug back in for some apps. That's for apps on the TV itself but worth a try. You mentioned you have tried unplugging but have you for the just the Hopper or for the TV also?

In addition on the Hopper toggle the switch for Doby Digital. Also does the Hopper Amazon app itself have a setting for sound?
All other apps working probably does mean the Amazon one is looking for something it isn't getting but try these suggestions.

I figured out the problem. I have a 4x4 HDMI matrix switch that I use for all the TVs and sources in my RV. I never paid much attention to the EDID settings. I changed them to 5.1 sound and it started working.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I figured out the problem. I have a 4x4 HDMI matrix switch that I use for all the TVs and sources in my RV. I never paid much attention to the EDID settings. I changed them to 5.1 sound and it started working.

Thanks everyone for your help.

That was my next suggestion. (Sure it was)

Reactions: TheKrell
I couldn’t get sound either. On my Samsung I get sound from prime on the tv speakers but no sound from optical. Netflix works ok on optical.

Hopper 3

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app
I spoke to DISH network and also to Prime Video. There is a coding incompatibility between the two when trying to use the Optical Digital Audio output fiber-cable. The HDMI output to my receiver/stereo worked just great...just didn't work on Optical Digital Audio output. There is no setting that can correct this....BUT DON'T FRET because I found the resolve to this problem. I bought an HDMI audio extractor unit from Amazon. It took 2 minutes to plug in and connect the wiring. Fixed all the problems and now I can watch Prime Video on DISH Network using my headphones that are connected to my Optical Digital Audio Output. Here is a link to the $20 box that I bought and it solved everything. Amazon product ASIN B084T4QDFPView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084T4QDFP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Try turning off Dolby digital audio, it usually works in fixing no sound issues on

Also check is the audio and video connection cables are not loose.

A detailed guide on how to resolve no sound issues here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)