Hopper 3 Home Media and Netflix

markmi300

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Michigan
Hi Folks.
I’m thinking of upgrading to the Hopper 3, but don’t want to downgrade myself on some features that I like on my current Hopper.

Is anyone using the Home Network feature where you can stream music and movies from your PC?
On my current Hopper, when I stream a music playlist (m3u,wmv) through my network, it plays the music in the order that I created in the playlist. Hence the idea of using a playlist ;). On newer devices like my Roku 3 and Samsung TV, those systems take the playlist and alphabetize the music. Hence, “what good is the playlist now” :mad:. Does the Hopper 3 play the playlist the way it should in playlist order or alphabetical?

Second question is in regards to the Netflix feature. I’ll use the Roku as an example again. When I’m watching a television series episode and the last scene of that episode is over, as soon as the end credits start the Roku Netflix app minimizes the current episode picture to the upper left-hand corner of the screen and I have to use the remote to arrow up to it and click OK to get full screen back. I’ve seen this on other devices, but older ones like my slow Panasonic Blu-ray do not. I’ve checked with Netflix and Roku and there is no way to turn this “feature” off. Does the Hopper 3 do this?

Any help is gratefully appreciated. Thanks

As far as your Netflix question goes, yes it does that too. Remember the Netflix software is written by Netflix, DISH has no control over what features Netflix adds to its software. :)

Thanks Scott. I appreciate the feedback. I did talk to Netflix and they said they give the vendors the base application and each vendor can tweak it. Much like the cell phone manufactures give the phone and software to Verizon, ATT, etc; and they tweak it with bloatware..... I mean other software and enhancements. Thanks for letting me know. ~Mark

Anyone tried streaming m3u playlists through the hopper 3? Do they play correctly or alphabetically?
Thanks again.

Anyone else streaming m3u or wpl playlist from your computer? I can't believe I'm the only person that uses playlist.