Hopper 3: How do I PAUSE a REC, Tune another Channel, RETURN to the Original PAUSE

mkerdman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
With a Hopper 3, how can I:

1. Schedule a REC and begin watching it
2. PAUSE the REC
3. TUNE to another CHANNEL by Selecting it from the GUIDE
4. Return to the First REC and PLAY it from the point of the original PAUSE

Thanks in advance.

Murray

With a Hopper 3, how can I:

1. Schedule a REC and begin watching it
2. PAUSE the REC
3. TUNE to another CHANNEL by Selecting it from the GUIDE
4. Return to the First REC and PLAY it from the point of the original PAUSE

Thanks in advance.

Murray
Actually while there is no resume option while a program is still recording pressing the play button on the remote control works as a defacto resume button. I only discovered this recently when it was posted in another thread a while ago. And I used this often and successfully during the recent March Madness basketball tournament.

On what screen do you press PLAY to get the REC Program to RESUME?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I don't have a Hopper, but I believe if you go to the list where it shows that program is recording do not click to open it but instead highlight it and press play.

I tried that earlier and it did not work for me.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I think I have now found that with the latest SW (do no know the Version No.) you can:

1. Start a REC
2. Pause the REC
3. Enter another channel number numerically to go to another Live Program on another Tuner
4. Click DVR
5. Select the REC you started first and you WILL see the RESUME option along with Join Live and From the Start Options

YMMV,

Murray

Yes, if you pause and hit the input (PIP swap) button you can tune anther channel on the second tuner. When you go back using the input (PIP swap) button the recording starts playing where you paused.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts