Hopper 3 + HWS Viewable via Ethernet?

Grekannon

Original poster
Mar 3, 2016
West Palm Beach
Bare with me, This is my first post and did as much reading as possible before I posted this.

My current setup is (3)HWS and a JoeyCR. I have have the typical mess of Multi switches to get this working. I have (6) RG6 3GHZ cables running to 2 separate dishes, West Arc (got the new LNB today) and East Arc (have not used for sometime, but will likely get this going again to a HWS). Each room has a minimum of (2) RG6 and GB Ethernet.

My question: Can I setup a Hopper 3 and a HWS via Ethernet to view shows from each other.

Why do I want to do this? First, one sling account is not enough for my family, my brother is deployed overseas with the Air Force and he uses a Hopper to watch shows, My wife and daughter also connect to the other 2 HWS to watch shows. Second redundancy, I'm not comfortable with a single point of failure. I have had 2 HWS fail in the past 18 months. Third, show watching continuity, If I'm going to keep a HWS, I will want to be able to have the continuity we have now, we can pickup from where we left off on any device in the house.

I hope this makes sense, I'm hopeful with all the extra gear this can work. But this all boils down to, can the Hopper 3 and HWS see each other via Ethernet. Even if they don't, all is not lost, I will just run them separately and lose some in house continuity (if dish will let me keep this gear on the same account).

Well...... I'm far from victory. I'm getting a second account and a Third dish for my RV. I'll be using two separate wiring setups for my home Dishes both utliizing Hybrid Duo Hubs. I'll put 2 HWS on one Dish, and the Hopper 3 on the other. I'm buying a travel dish 1000, with the new LNBs and a Hybrid solo. I just could not get rid of these hoppers.

Of course I will try and link the Hybrid Duo Hubs to see if the Hopper 3 can talk to the HWS via MOCA. I won't know that until I can get another Hybrid Duo Hub.

Yes this is over the top. No I don't need 25 tunners. I do need more than one Sling account, and I'm paranoid about hardware failure.

Any advice welcomed.

If they are on different accounts they will not see each other I have already tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

Just have the Hopper 3 for your home & transfer your HWS to your RV. You'll end up with two sets of wiring to go with two dishes for two separate accounts. Look at all of the wiring you have for all of your TV's right now & then multiply it by two. As far as Sling account goes, besides the built in Sling, you could also hook up a Slingbox to your receiver/receivers, then you'll have two devices to sling from one box. You'll just have to put up with the pop up advertisements that everybody is complaining about with the Slingbox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)