Hopper 3 in Puerto Rico

Good question...

If I had to guess I would say NO because of the new LNB, as you know your guys dishes down there are bigger so not sure a DISH 1000.2 will work.

The dph lnb needed for the hopper 3 is exclusive to the 1000.2 dish, either western or eastern arc. At least for now.

This is supposed to change later this year when they introduce a dph42 switch. It will likely include all those who can't get it now due to custom installations and larger dishes.

C/P: From Vivek

Option 2 – available towards the end of this year. We will have a new switch DPH42 – that will support using your existing 1000+ DISH and existing LNB and will also allow you to have more than one Hopper 3. So you will not require a 2nd DISH, will not have to change your current LNB and you can have multiple Hopper3’s. Since this part is still under development, I do not have a more specific date than Q4-2016 at this time.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hi Guys,

Well this is an old post. But to give an update. THEY ARE INSTALLING HOPPER 3 IN PUERTO RICO RIGHT NOW !!!!!! Yes, they started installing Hopper 3 right after Thanksgiving weekend. You can call Todays Satellite Television and they will confirm it. All local PR retailers have inventory right now. Also they are installing and activating two Hopper 3 on a single account as long as you buy the second Hopper 3. Also they are using the new DPH42 switch, so it is available for PR installations. I can also confirm this as I just schedule an installation and bought a second Hopper 3 off of Ebay for $199. Total cost $299; Dish charged me $100 for the upgrade and the $199 for the second one I bought from ebay. Also you will have to pay for the visit of an installer if you do not pay the $8 dollar a month maintenance fee Dish charges.

Just to let you know I allredy had upgraded all of my joeys to 4K and had the 2 Hoppers with Sling with the carbon UI installed. Now I am only changing the 2 Hoppers with Sling with the two Hopper 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts