Hopper 3 Insider on Channel 103

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dennispap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 9, 2007
Hammond, La.
Hopper 3 Insider is showing on Channel 103. It shows all of the features,tips and tricks of the Hopper 3. i assume the new interface will be coming to the older hoppers soon as they are showing this info.

Reactions: charlesrshell
what do you think of those two guys on that show do you think they are funny i like the women on that show he better.

Also said could record 8 things at once (?). Maybe need to update some of the info & show the correct remote. Personally think the forced comedy is too much, not needed.

Also said could record 8 things at once (?). Maybe need to update some of the info & show the correct remote. Personally think the forced comedy is too much, not needed.
They were talking about the Hopper w/Sling being able to record up to 8 things. There are 2 segments running on channel 103: 1 for the HWS (Hopper Insider) and Hopper 3 (Hopper 3 Insider). The comedy is a nice touch and keeps the mood light.

They were talking about the Hopper w/Sling being able to record up to 8 things. There are 2 segments running on channel 103: 1 for the HWS (Hopper Insider) and Hopper 3 (Hopper 3 Insider). The comedy is a nice touch and keeps the mood light.
Mine says Hopper 3 Insider is showing right now, so that's what should be on, confusing when it's showing info for H2. I know the difference but new customers might not.

what i heard the new episode for the hopper 3 will be going tommorow on that channel

Mine says Hopper 3 Insider is showing right now, so that's what should be on, confusing when it's showing info for H2. I know the difference but new customers might not.
The title says Hopper 3 Insider but if you watch it, they are very definitely talking about the Hopper NOT the Hopper 3

Yesterday (as late as I checked into the evening) the "Hopper 3 Insider" was not the Hopper 3 - it sounded totally like the HWS - had the old remote, referred to "8 tuners" etc. And they never actually used the words "Hopper 3" in the program. Today I've noticed that the guide info for the "H3 Insider" does specifically refer to the new Hopper - it's not on for another 20 mins here, but I'm recording it so I can check it out. I'm guessing they've finally fixed it. I had heard that they knew yesterday's programming was in error and they were correcting it.

Well, I'm kind of disappointed - I've listened to this thing off-and-on for almost an hour now - they are still using the same old remote and make references that belong to the HWS - even though they are using the Carbon Interface, there is NO mention of the Hopper 3. The program guide info says "the newest member of the Hopper family.... The HOPPER 3". The program hosts refer to the program as "The Hopper Insider" - NO mention of 3 whatsoever. Maybe they'll get it right eventually.

Well they have changed the commercials up, on Wednesday they had 1 hr of the Hopper2 talking about the new interface, the next hour it was all about Hopper 3 and how it works and explaining the 16 tuners, but the remote is still the same remote they use on Hopper 2. I don't know why they changed the commercials, I quess too many people complained they didn't have the new remote with the Hopper 3 in the advertisement

Reactions: bluegras
As far as a casual user is concerned -- the ones who might watch this -- there's no big difference in simple usage of a Hopper, be it the 1, 2, or 3. Using the guide, recording shows, etc operate the same regardless of which generation is being used.

Not that any (or many) care, but as of this morning, "Hopper 3 Insider" still makes no mention of the new Hopper. Several close-up shots of the Hopper they are demonstrating show the labeling on the face of the unit - it's "Hopper with Sling" (there is a small 3 in a box on the face of my new H3) and they are still using the 40.0 remote. still referring to 8 tuners, and so on and so on, yada, yada .......... No big deal, just interesting that they still haven't gotten their act together.

The Hopper 3 doesn't really operate any differently than the previous generations of Hopper. Having (16) tuners, 4K capabilities, more powerful hardware, etc doesn't change the way people use it on a day-to-day basis.

The Hopper 3 doesn't really operate any differently than the previous generations of Hopper. Having (16) tuners, 4K capabilities, more powerful hardware, etc doesn't change the way people use it on a day-to-day basis.
Very true and it's not a big deal - its just that the program doesn't match the title. Likely no one will care or notice but me. Guess I should be quiet. I'll shut up now. :shh

someone should tell dish about what is going there is a new hopper 3 maybe they have the new video coming real soon who knows what/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)