Hopper 3 Insider?

xfoneguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Duvall, WA
I just happened across an hour-long promo on TV - "Hopper 3 Insider". A few things I'm wondering about:
1) All demonstrations of the H3 use the 40.0 remote ONLY. I thought the packaged remote was the 52?
2) Recordings discussion states that "you can record 8 programs at once" WHAAT??? I thought it was 16??
3) Netflix is advertised as working now (on channel 370) - I thought it was not yet?
I don't have my H3 installed yet, so I'm curious about these things.

I just happened across an hour-long promo on TV - "Hopper 3 Insider". A few things I'm wondering about:
1) All demonstrations of the H3 use the 40.0 remote ONLY. I thought the packaged remote was the 52?
2) Recordings discussion states that "you can record 8 programs at once" WHAAT??? I thought it was 16??
3) Netflix is advertised as working now (on channel 370) - I thought it was not yet?
I don't have my H3 installed yet, so I'm curious about these things.
Item 2, sounds like the insider is about the HWS new GUI with Super Joey.

Maybe I assuming incorrectly that the title "Hopper 3 Insider" was what this was about?
Interesting, as I listen more carefully (that's what I get for trying to multi-task!) they very definitely talk about "the Hopper" - the program title is misleading.

If I were watching this as an average Hopper user (and if it weren't for "Sat-Guys"), I think I'd be confused. The new UI isn't actually available to the public yet, is it?

Reactions: peggy97850
If I were watching this as an average Hopper user (and if it weren't for "Sat-Guys"), I think I'd be confused. The new UI isn't actually available to the public yet, is it?
Not that I am aware of. I am waiting on the official software update for my HWSs.

I recorded this program and got one on the HwS and the new GUI. Nothing about the H3 (not to be confused with the 1/3'd a Hummer). It was labeled Hopper 3 and they were talking about the new interface and a unit that could record 8 programs at once. I could only watch for so long before all I heard were finger nails on a chalkboard. So was that it and the H3 was at the end or another program?

Reactions: xfoneguy
I recorded this program and got one on the HwS and the new GUI. Nothing about the H3 (not to be confused with the 1/3'd a Hummer). It was labeled Hopper 3 and they were talking about the new interface and a unit that could record 8 programs at once. I could only watch for so long before all I heard were finger nails on a chalkboard. So was that it and the H3 was at the end or another program?

It's weird - if you look at the program guide, there are 2 programs alternating back and forth all day: One called "Hopper Insider"
and the other "Hopper 3 Insider" which obviously led me to believe that one program was actually about the NEW Hopper. I listened with my headphones while working on other stuff and I never heard the phrase "Hopper 3" used even once. As someone else pointed out, it seems the program is actually about the new UI rather than the new Hopper itself. I can imagine that Dish customers who don't have the luxury of the info in this forum would be mis-lead and maybe confused if they watch this.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Someone said Dish would update video to the H3 today, guess they're a little slow. If they aren't going to show H3 they should at least change the title, very confusing for those who don't know.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Allen.....
i am here i saw the videos today they have not updated today maybe tommorow.the hopper 3 videos shows the new user interface nothin about the new hopper 3 they have some things incorrect they are showing the 40 old remote there should be the new 52 remote.i just wander when they shot the video the new 52 remote maybe was not ready at the time.

Someone said Dish would update video to the H3 today, guess they're a little slow. If they aren't going to show H3 they should at least change the title, very confusing for those who don't know.
Really slow. This UI was due out many many years ago to beat DTV's launch. Trust me they are slow in other ways, I went looking for User Manuals and what there was of them were print level with bleed, crop and color marked promo guides for the H3 and 4K Joey and nothing more of the new lines. Very unprofessional. One would think they had learned by now. For the longest time they 100+ MB print files for the VIP series. I even sent them cropped and optimized "distribution" (<5MB) versions that was I was thanked but for, but never saw posted. That's slow on many levels. Short Bus. I'm starting to really fear the CUI transition.

Good so I since I couldn't enduring really bad acting and poor juvenile humor and cut the program short, I didn't miss anything.

Reactions: peggy97850

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)