Hopper 3 Install was a fail

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dougohio2

Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Toledo, Ohio
Hopper 3 Install was a fail. I have 3 hopper with sling's on my account and own all of them 2 in my home and 1 in my camper 60 mi. Away one of my hoppers hard drive went out I called dish and told them about the bad hopper after troubleshooting with dish the rep said we will send out new hopper as I am paying the equipment protection plan. I ask if I could get new hopper 3 and the $49 deal that I get emails about and was sent to supervisor who said they could not do the $49 but since I have been with dish for over 5 years they would replace all my equipment with new and Hopper 3 and knock my bill off $20 month . I said yes let's do it but just want the hopper 3 and keep my other 2 hoppers . Dish superviser put me on hold said she would check to see if we could do that. After she came back said yes they would do that and set up for hopper 3 and to upgrade LNB & node

Installer comes I show him my setup he said he had to do the LNB upgrade and change my duo-node to new orange duo-node . All went well my 2 hoppers got signal . Then went to replace my bad hopper that hard drive did not work with Hopper 3 and dish told him to replace my other hoppers I own with joeys then they would authorize all units . I told the Installer here is the problem a joey will not work in my camper He said you are correct. Now the guy on phone from dish said ok we will send you a 211 receiver for your camper for $50 and swap your 2nd receiver in your house with Joey I said no and was told you can only have 1 hopper per account so my bill will triple to keep 3 hoppers. I told the installer put everything back like it was I will buy a hopper on ebay to replace my hopper and he just leave. The guy on the phone from dish said we don’t understand I should of never had 3 hoppers on my account and cant have them now the installer kept talking to them telling them he does not want to leave with only one receiver working went outside talked to them for an hour hung up came back inside said here is what I did I called the business account side and they authorized a hopper with sling . But said hope they don’t call me up and say they have to put them on 3 accounts at the end of the day I have my hopper replaced but no Hopper 3 and don’t see any credits on my account and now the receiver shows up as leased on my account

I was not asking for more than 1 hopper 3 , and they did not wan't me to have "3" hopper with slings on my account witch I have had for 3 years and paying $12 for each of them per month

So what exactly were you hoping to have activated at the end of the day? The H3 would take precedence on your dish and your other hopper would have been converted to a Joey. You cannot mix HWS and H3 on the same dish.

Reactions: Tampa8
I'm guessing you didn't realize that. The only receivers you can have with the the 1 H3 you can have are Joey's and 211's for RV.

I just could not understand why dish was saying I should have never had 3 hoppers in the past and never in a RV . with my setup it would be a down grade less record time and big loss of features In the RV no prime time and only one tuner when you have kids its nice to have there stuff on a 2nd hopper

You can have three hoppers on an account (I believe one has to be owned or at least at one time it did) and one can be in the RV, it's throwing in the H3 that changes everything. There is no problem in owning them all like you do and using them as you did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts