Hopper 3 Installation Issues

Sorry, I didn't read the entire thread. If your old TV only has coax input, you need and RF Modulator, which the tech should have for free, and the $40 cables are the audioquests we sell. No you do NOT need them. He's just pushing to make a sale

Dammit. I just got home and there is a Pearl HDMI box laying around. And a $119 charge. We do not have 4K TVs. We have every day Vizios. I am pretty pissed that they added a $119 charge to this upgrade that we weren't expecting for cables that we don't need. Dish will be hearing from me.
Just call and dispute the sale. You'll need to send the AQ's back and you'll be refunded or credited the money and that tech will take an adjustment hit on his SHS metric, WHICH he truly deserves

Reactions: pattykay
Thanks for the info. I did not know that.
It's probably why garbage techs are pressuring people more on SHS to make up for the easy Add To Bill sales they can't get anymore. Dish lost over 2 million bucks in returned sales and unpaid sales last year, which is why they dropped it

Reactions: JSheridan
It's probably why garbage techs are pressuring people more on SHS to make up for the easy Add To Bill sales they can't get anymore. Dish lost over 2 million bucks in returned sales and unpaid sales last year, which is why they dropped it

I feel bad for you guys for that requirement. There's no way I could make the metrics you have to make by selling people stuff that they don't want or need.

I feel bad for you guys for that requirement. There's no way I could make the metrics you have to make by selling people stuff that they don't want or need.
I don't really push sales. Most of mine are polk components, so those big sales keep me above the threshhold. I might sell and HDMI cable on a nice TV and be good, but we have guys that will bully people into buying one for every TV. that 6 yr old Vizio 42" in the spare bedroom does need a freaking AQ HDMI cable, imo, nor would I every try to sell one. I look for openings, when they show up, where as they WANT us to try and sell something on every job

Reactions: JSheridan
For anyone who's waiting with bated breath to know what has happened... They are waiving a $39.99 fee for the Pearl cable, but he doesn't see where I was charged $119 for other cables. I have an email I was sent thanking me for my payment of $119.04 (but no indication of for what). Divide that by 3 (the number of TVs with HDMI ports) and it's just about $39. I'm still waiting to hear back from him. His emails are getting more brusque and I think he's ready for me to be done with him, but too bad. Dish is all over the map here. The tech was authorized to charge the card because my mom (the one who was home) said he told her we needed them. I had told her early on in his visit to question it as it just didn't seem right to me to need to pay $40 for a cable, but she is as non-confrontational as I am. And much less tech savvy (and I am not at all tech savvy, so that's saying something). She didn't think it was a "No" situation. I wish I had been there because the tech also took my wireless adapter to connect the DVR to the internet that I HAD JUST BOUGHT on my own from Amazon 2 weeks ago (I obviously didn't know my DVR was about to bite the dust). I contacted Dish about that too and they will give me $25 credit but apparently will not contact the tech, which WTF? I want my property back. I don't think he stole it, but just collected it with the old DVR, but still. I feel like I just threw $33 out the window. I get that I don't need it anymore, but I could probably sell it. And, well, I just like me being in charge of my stuff, not other people. If that makes sense. So I continue to wait to hear if Dish will figure out where the rest of that $119 charge came from and why I was charged it if it *wasn't* the cables. I am not currently on the "I recommend" Dish bandwagon.

Reactions: pattykay
For anyone who's waiting with bated breath to know what has happened... They are waiving a $39.99 fee for the Pearl cable, but he doesn't see where I was charged $119 for other cables. I have an email I was sent thanking me for my payment of $119.04 (but no indication of for what). Divide that by 3 (the number of TVs with HDMI ports) and it's just about $39. I'm still waiting to hear back from him. His emails are getting more brusque and I think he's ready for me to be done with him, but too bad. Dish is all over the map here. The tech was authorized to charge the card because my mom (the one who was home) said he told her we needed them. I had told her early on in his visit to question it as it just didn't seem right to me to need to pay $40 for a cable, but she is as non-confrontational as I am. And much less tech savvy (and I am not at all tech savvy, so that's saying something). She didn't think it was a "No" situation. I wish I had been there because the tech also took my wireless adapter to connect the DVR to the internet that I HAD JUST BOUGHT on my own from Amazon 2 weeks ago (I obviously didn't know my DVR was about to bite the dust). I contacted Dish about that too and they will give me $25 credit but apparently will not contact the tech, which WTF? I want my property back. I don't think he stole it, but just collected it with the old DVR, but still. I feel like I just threw $33 out the window. I get that I don't need it anymore, but I could probably sell it. And, well, I just like me being in charge of my stuff, not other people. If that makes sense. So I continue to wait to hear if Dish will figure out where the rest of that $119 charge came from and why I was charged it if it *wasn't* the cables. I am not currently on the "I recommend" Dish bandwagon.

I would send an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com detailing everything you told us. Someone from the back office in Denver will reach out to you promptly. They do a good job and are quite thorough.

By now, that adapter and even the DVR are long gone.

Could be on ebay. When I had Dish installed, the tech removed the amplifier that Time Warner cable installed in the box outside my house and took it. Surely the dish tech didn’t need to take the amplifier from the cable company. It wasn’t his to take. I didn’t realize it until he was already gone. Granted I didn’t pay for it.. but I have an issue with people coming on my property and taking things not belonging to them without permission.

This sounds like another story that would have ended more happily if a good local retailer had taken care of the upgrade. :)

You mean a good tech, no matter who he works for?

To the OP, I’m sorry that you had a bad experience with this. Just know that this is not how good technicians do things, but I understand how he authorize your card because it was probably on file and shows up in the app that we use to process sales. It is definitely unscrupulous. Hopefully you can find a resolution and moving forward your experience with your system will be much better than it has been getting it installed

You mean a good tech, no matter who he works for?

To the OP, I’m sorry that you had a bad experience with this. Just know that this is not how good technicians do things, but I understand how he authorize your card because it was probably on file and shows up in the app that we use to process sales. It is definitely unscrupulous. Hopefully you can find a resolution and moving forward your experience with your system will be much better than it has been getting it installed

Actually a good local retailer if you have one is usually always a better choice because the customer gets to call a local number and speak to the same people who took their order and/or did their work and who knows them and their systems personally.

When you call corporate you're just another number. :glasses

Reactions: charlesrshell
Actually a good local retailer if you have one is usually always a better choice because the customer gets to call a local number and speak to the same people who took their order and/or did their work and who knows them and their systems personally.

When you call corporate you're just another number. :glasses
Not the to (Good) tech that shows up to do the work :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)