Hopper 3 is rebooting more than 2-3 times

Henry Sanchez

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
California, USA
Hi Satellite Guys,

I was wondering if any of you have experienced hopper reboots more than 2 or 3 times during a day with no apparent cause?

That happened to me yesterday, the Hopper 3 restarted up to 5 times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando SatelliteGuys

Hi Satellite Guys,

I was wondering if any of you have experienced hopper reboots more than 2 or 3 times during a day with no apparent cause?

That happened to me yesterday, the Hopper 3 restarted up to 5 times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando SatelliteGuys
Hello, Henry. Are you seeing a certain error message before the receiver resets or would you be watching something and it turns off unexpectedly? A few things to check is to the ventilation. Your receiver needs ventilation for proper operation or it may not power on. Make sure it is not in an enclosed cabinet and has at least 4 inches of space from other electronic devices. Additionally, faulty surge protectors or power strips can introduce additional problems. Try bypassing them temporarily for testing purposes. If this does not help, and you continue to see this trouble, please be sure to reach out to our technical support team by visiting: Direct Chat.

This happened to my 722k years ago... Tried all kinds of different things (including swapping receivers) and it was a bad cable connection (rusted) at the LNB. So, yes, a rusty connection on the complete opposite end of the whole setup can make the receiver reboot. I say this so you don't think it's absolutely gotta be something with the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts