DISH wants Starlink to Cease Operations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Charlie is saying that Starlink would create network interference with DISH's user equipment. What user equipment? The Hopper and TV service or DISH's internet service that lots of country folks have or both?

Reactions: TheKrell
This is just Charlie being Charlie and eventually gaining a 30% stake in Starlink for little reason other than because Charlie managed to be Charlie.

If this were an issue, AT&T would complain too, right? Or is AT&T that apathetic about Directv?

LOL, don't you see what's happening here? Charlie is angling for Elon to BUY Dish Network, to stop this.
Makes the most sense really. Any problem with the bird, elon can drive over and fix it up real quick! Win - Win!

spacetesla.jpg

Starlink users should all show up at Charlie's house to complain.

• Haha
Reactions: FTA4PA
Charlie knows that because of StarLink, it will be the end of Hughesnet, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of EchoStar.
Before I'd use something as retarded as Hughesnet, I'd pay a whole bunch of people to set up relay stations between me and the nearest Comcast node...

Charlie knows that because of StarLink, it will be the end of Hughesnet, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of EchoStar.

Exactly brother!

All Charlie needs to do is finish building his 5G nationwide network and this won’t even be an issue.

The fact of the matter is, besides Starlink, Gotw3 and other 4G cellular hotspots in general are eating both Highesnet and Viasat alive these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is zero chance of Starlink satellites interfering with Dish equipment, since the Starlink satellites transmit to the south, while Dish satellites are pointed north. The Dish Network dish reflectors on the ground are aimed to the south at the Geostationary location while Starlink points north. The signals are passing at near right angles to each other. If Dish’s reflectors can’t reject an off-center signal, then they’d be receiving other geostationary orbital locations.

Even if a Starlink satellite passes directly in the beam path from an Echostar GSO satellite to a customer’s ground station, Starlink’s small size and the speed it’s traveling means it wouldn’t block the signal for more than a microsecond and the FEC would handle the signal dropout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts