Think about wally boxes (1 Viewer)

tsunami2311

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 3, 2017
NJ
So i have question IF i where to trade in my h3 and 4k joeys for 4 Wally would and get each of them a external hdd would I be charged $7x4 even if they have HDD attach to them to record?

are the 1 tuner or 2?

I am paying 44$ for 2xH3 and 2x4k Joey I did this reduncy purposes and to keep other peoples recording off box I attach too. Frankly I miss the days where Dish has 2 tuner solo box and every box served only 1 tv. but Dish pretty done much done away by that each one those box IF you can even get them anymore 15$ ea. Not even cable charges that much for follow boxes. I can 3-6 tunner solo box from spectrum for 6$ each box I am not fan of this 1 box serves as DVR and reset are slaves, make for very messing DVR window, special when people record and dont watch or delete anything

Frack the only reason I even switch to Hopper system was to Stop dish from charging 15$ x4 for 4 solo boxes I had way back when they did those changes.

DISH Support

OFFICIAL DISH SUPPORT
Staff member
DISH DIRT TEAM!
Jun 6, 2019
So i have question IF i where to trade in my h3 and 4k joeys for 4 Wally would and get each of them a external hdd would I be charged $7x4 even if they have HDD attach to them to record?

are the 1 tuner or 2?

I am paying 44$ for 2xH3 and 2x4k Joey I did this reduncy purposes and to keep other peoples recording off box I attach too. Frankly I miss the days where Dish has 2 tuner solo box and every box served only 1 tv. but Dish pretty done much done away by that each one those box IF you can even get them anymore 15$ ea. Not even cable charges that much for follow boxes. I can 3-6 tunner solo box from spectrum for 6$ each box I am not fan of this 1 box serves as DVR and reset are slaves, make for very messing DVR window, special when people record and dont watch or delete anything

Frack the only reason I even switch to Hopper system was to Stop dish from charging 15$ x4 for 4 solo boxes I had way back when they did those changes.
Hello, tsunami2311. There is a one-time fee to tag your account with the External DVR Service for the use of an external hard drive on any active Wally on the account. This fee is $40.00. There is no monthly DVR fee with this feature. The external hard drive would not be adding a tuner, so it would be a 1 tuner setup.

dishdude

SatelliteGuys God
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
If you add the DVR service and an EHD, it will turn the Wally into a 2 tuner receiver. Add an OTA dongle, and you get 2 more tuners!

If you buy the Wallys, the monthly charge would be $5 for each additional Wally on your account.

The Wally is a great option, the Hopper is overkill (imo) especially in the world of streaming. The monthly fees alone are enough to push me away.

crodrules

Your Happy Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio

are the 1 tuner or 2?
If you have been with Dish long enough, then you are likely grandfathered with no monthly fee for the first Wally receiver on your account. After the first one, the monthly fees would depend on whether the Wally are purchased or leased. So, it would be $7 x 3 = $21 for four leased Wally, or $5 x 3 = $15 if at least three of the Wally are purchased. Or, you could do a combination of leased and purchased Wally, if you wish.

Wally receivers are 2-tuner, but the second tuner can only be used for recording. So, the EHD and DVR activation code would be necessary in order to use the second tuner on each Wally. Otherwise, each Wally without a hard drive would only act as a single-tuner box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)