Hopper 3 keeps locking up/losing tuners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CalFrank

Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
Long Beach CA
I have had two service calls and a replacement Hopper to try to fix this problem. I have a Hopper 3 and a Joey. The Hopper 3 will lock onto one channel and am unable to change channel. A screen will occasionally load that says" 0 of 0 tuners in use." The Joey will lose connection once this happens. The channel guide will load, but slowly. Impossible to change channel. Unplugging and resetting solves the problem temporarily (a day or two). Here's what Dish has done so far on the service end.
1) Called customer service, they were unable to get through the diagnostics screen controlling from their end. Sent out technician, replaced Hopper 3. Worked fine for a week. 2) Customer service again, again unable to complete diagnostics (they were able to get into the system and control some screens). Sent tech out. Replaced cabling from Dish to Hopper (said it was old and might be losing signal) as well as connectors, etc at Dish and at setbox. Worked fine for a week, now doing it again.
If it matters I'm running the HDMI out through an Xbox One X to the TV, but don't imagine anything to do with a signal out would screw up the whole Hopper. It seems to happen overnight more often than during the day. If any techs out there have experienced this and have a possible solution, let me know. Thanks!

I have had two service calls and a replacement Hopper to try to fix this problem. I have a Hopper 3 and a Joey. The Hopper 3 will lock onto one channel and am unable to change channel. A screen will occasionally load that says" 0 of 0 tuners in use." The Joey will lose connection once this happens. The channel guide will load, but slowly. Impossible to change channel. Unplugging and resetting solves the problem temporarily (a day or two). Here's what Dish has done so far on the service end.
1) Called customer service, they were unable to get through the diagnostics screen controlling from their end. Sent out technician, replaced Hopper 3. Worked fine for a week. 2) Customer service again, again unable to complete diagnostics (they were able to get into the system and control some screens). Sent tech out. Replaced cabling from Dish to Hopper (said it was old and might be losing signal) as well as connectors, etc at Dish and at setbox. Worked fine for a week, now doing it again.
If it matters I'm running the HDMI out through an Xbox One X to the TV, but don't imagine anything to do with a signal out would screw up the whole Hopper. It seems to happen overnight more often than during the day. If any techs out there have experienced this and have a possible solution, let me know. Thanks!
How is it plugged in, directly to the wall or a power strip/surge protector and has the voltage at that outlet been tested? Also, did the tech check/replace the Solo Hub or LNBF?

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure he replaced both the hub and LNBF (he said he replaced everything except the dish/reflector itself, and looking at them they look brand new, no dirt like the dish) The receiver is plugged into a surge protector (sold to me by Dish :). I could try plugging into the wall directly but would have to use an extension cord. Or maybe swap out the surge protector. Would low of fluctuating voltage cause a problem like this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts